Puppet Improv UK

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I'll be going to this on Saturday night with a large group as we're in town for the UK premiere of Kevin Smith's Clerks II!

I have a couple of daft questions...

Is there any merchandise for sale at the shows - maybe programmes or something?

And what are the chances of meeting Brian Henson? I know it's a long shot but it would be so amazing to meet him and say hi! (just noticed stuartpstuart's post - but was wondering more along the lines of the guys meetings fans after the show?)

Shame my Master Replica Kermit won't be with me in time for the trip - I could have taken him along for the show!

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Posters, caps and t shirts are for sale in the rainey hall bar.

stuartpstuart

Reaction score
The night I was there the venue was totally packed and the performers didn't come out.

I went back the following day, at about 14.00, and bumped into Brian totally by chance. I think that's your best bet.

Apparently, the cast are also around after the afternoon kids show to try and get some publicity. I was told they give impromptu performances to kids in queues for other shows at the Assembly, although I didn't see that myself.

stuartpstuart

Reaction score
Forgot to answer your question. Duhhh!

Yeah the bar is inside the Assembly Hall. It's up at the back, but you can't miss it.

The merchandise on sale at the gig, or at least some of it, can also be found on the Henson.com website.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
stuartpstuart said:
The night I was there the venue was totally packed and the performers didn't come out.

I went back the following day, at about 14.00, and bumped into Brian totally by chance. I think that's your best bet.

Apparently, the cast are also around after the afternoon kids show to try and get some publicity. I was told they give impromptu performances to kids in queues for other shows at the Assembly, although I didn't see that myself.
If I was on my own I would probably be stalking the venue 24/7 but as I'm with a large group it's probably not gonna be possible to hang around! Still after looking at the venue's website I see the bar mentioned above is open until 1:30am so I'm sure I can convince the other guys to stick around for a drink or ten!

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I ended up seeing the show with a group of about 10 people or so - I have to approximate because there were varying numbers of us throughout the weekend as people went and did there own thing but a lot of the guys were easily sold on the concept of the Muppets meet Whose Line Is It Anyway - even though only a few of us were die-hard Muppet fans! But I can happily report that everyone loved it - in fact for many it was the highlight of the weekend (myself included)!

I decided before I even lef for Edinburgh that I didn't want to keep everyone around in the hopes of meeting Brian and as such I didn't bring anything for him to sign. But one of our group ended up taking a phone call and whilst we were stood around waiting for him to finish Brian and the others came out and were stood behind me - thankfully somebody pointed it out to me and convinced me I'd regret not speaking to him! So I complimented him on the show, told him I'm a big fan... all the usual stuff and I asked him if he would mind a quick photo...

http://www.viewaskew.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pictures/brianhenson.jpg

It was a quick encounter but he seemed pleased to meet a fan (if not somewhat bemused... almost like "there are Muppet fans now?") and it was nice to shake the hand of someone you respect and who has given you so much enjoyment over the years!

The show has finished it's run now but if they ever do it again I can't recommend it enough! :big_grin: