Puppet Eyebrow Movement Mechanisms

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of making this puppet right now and I want him to have moving eyebrows, not moving eyes. I basically want the eyebrows to be separate from the eyes, but I don't really know how to do this simply. Does anyone have a simple mechanism model that I could use for my puppet?

Thanks in advance! :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've asked this before, and nobody seems to be willing to share a direct answer to that. I would have liked to have been able to achieve this myself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Supposedly Adam Kreutinger was going to do a video tutorial on eye brow mechs, or at least I thought I saw he said he was going to, but I don't think he said when that was going to be.

I did ask Terry Angus once (since I'm Facebook friends with him), but he said he never worked on a puppet with such a mech before, so he wouldn't know how to go about it either.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw where Adam said that as well.

And that's weird how Terry Angus never worked on a puppet with eyebrow movement; I would've thought he would be the person to know that, working with Henson and all. :smirk:

Well, okay, I guess I'll just have to look around the Internet myself. I guess there's no quick and easy response to this question anyway.

MuppetOCD

Reaction score
Hi Guys eyebrow mechs I've seen are:

http://www.tested.com/art/makers/561837-adam-savages-one-day-builds-making-puppet/

Go to 5:28 on the video the mech looks a bit like Berts monobrow.
It doesn't show how to make it but if you freeze frame you could copy it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ashkent had photos of a eyebrow mech for his Animal but sadly the photos are no longer available maybe you could PM Ashkent.
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/the-rebuild-ive-wanted-to-do-for-two-years.56939/

Unfortunately these are the only 2 I have seen. Hope it helps though.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Hi Guys eyebrow mechs I've seen are:

http://www.tested.com/art/makers/561837-adam-savages-one-day-builds-making-puppet/

Go to 5:28 on the video the mech looks a bit like Berts monobrow.
It doesn't show how to make it but if you freeze frame you could copy it.

Ashkent had photos of a eyebrow mech for his Animal but sadly the photos are no longer available maybe you could PM Ashkent.
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/the-rebuild-ive-wanted-to-do-for-two-years.56939/

Unfortunately these are the only 2 I have seen. Hope it helps though.
Thanks! This helps a lot! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wish I saw that before I built a puppet with a unibrow recently. I figured it might have worked something like that, but I just wasn't sure, so I basically just anchored the brow at each end, without attaching the rest of it to the head, and basically just pinning it into whatever position.

Aside from that, one thing I would love is if I was able to have Steve D'Monster's eyebrow move, and not just up and down, but like have parts of it move independently, so like the outer corners of it could be brought down to make him look sad or dejected, or the middle of the brow come down to make him look mad or annoyed, or even have one half go down and the other go up for a quizzical/confused look.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Aside from that, one thing I would love is if I was able to have Steve D'Monster's eyebrow move, and not just up and down, but like have parts of it move independently, so like the outer corners of it could be brought down to make him look sad or dejected, or the middle of the brow come down to make him look mad or annoyed, or even have one half go down and the other go up for a quizzical/confused look.
Ooh, that would be really cool! If only such mechanism blueprints were made public...

(But please, please make this happen; I totally support this! :excited:)

Bear Man

Reaction score
This doesn’t have a pattern, but you should be able to work out what you need: