Project: R.O.W.L.F

Fluffets

Reaction score
:sympathy:
I really want to make a Rowlf puppet. My mum promised me she would help me do this but now she's backing out..............

Neither of us is good with a needle and thread and we don't know where to begin.

Does anyone have any suggestion about where I might be able to get simple instructions for making a Rowlf puppet, or a source where I could buy a cheap one :confused:.Or even better does anyone want to make one for me, lol?.

So far we have some brown fleece which isn't perfect but will do, and nothing else............

Anyone got any clue :search: where to begin with this?.

Thanks! :smile:

shtick

Reaction score
No one will build a Rowlf puppet for you. At least no one on this forum. Selling muppet replicas is illegal.

Do a forum search on treated fur. Rowlf is not fleece covered.
If you want instructions on treating fleece, I believe Project Puppets Monster pattern has instructions for that. PP's site also has instructions for the sewing impaired.

From a building standpoint, of all the muppets I would think Rowlf is the easiest to build. Its a fairly simple design. Just find some reference photos and figure it out. PP's Rotondo Pattern might facilitate what you're looking for.

Fluffets

Reaction score
No one will build a Rowlf puppet for you. At least no one on this forum. Selling muppet replicas is illegal.

Do a forum search on treated fur. Rowlf is not fleece covered.
If you want instructions on treating fleece, I believe Project Puppets Monster pattern has instructions for that. PP's site also has instructions for the sewing impaired.

From a building standpoint, of all the muppets I would think Rowlf is the easiest to build. Its a fairly simple design. Just find some reference photos and figure it out. PP's Rotondo Pattern might facilitate what you're looking for.

Still sounds quite tricky, BTW my Mum ACTUALLY wrote the starter bit for me because I didn't know what to say so maybe she didn't state everything perfectly, I don't know when we'll start building, interesting though :big_grin:.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Check ebay for the 1970's (i think) Rowlf puppet. I'm sure no matter what the price they're asking for is, it will be cheaper then having someone make you one. :sympathy:

Fluffets

Reaction score
Check ebay for the 1970's (i think) Rowlf puppet. I'm sure no matter what the price they're asking for is, it will be cheaper then having someone make you one. :sympathy:
Yeah, none in at the moment, plus those are like mini-rowlfs and not the real rowlf, we are currently buying some materials and when they come then comes the REAL problem:eek:.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Ok we bought a bunch of stuff and so far the round doorknob has arrived and some small foam balls that were put to good use, me and Mum decorated them, mine had Dad cut the mouth and I added glasses, so now he (the ball, not Dad) looks like a blue Dr Bunsen Honeydew, I'll post pics eventually. No buildingwise updates though.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Ok here's some pics of the odd creations made in the process of getting foam balls that were to small for my hand:smile:.

, spot the hidden kermit, lol! :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
how i'd do it, the ear's seem the easiest, make four [front and back for each] teardrop shape for the ears. [put the fleese on the inside] sew together and turn inside out [won't se the stitches]

the head, since you want it to be a muppet, uh... try looking for intruction on how to make a ball [like how to make a plushie soccarball] the mouth... try using cardboard or something, fold in half and glue on.

that's what i'd do. when it's done, i'd love to see it :wink: rowlf is cute, so i'm sure it'll turn out good, even if it's your first try