Problems with vBulletin

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Why is it that when I post in a brand new thread that I'm really interested in (the Sullivan DVD thread, in this case), I DON'T get e-mail notification of new postings, yet I still get notifications about someone posting in, say, a "Left-Handedness" thread from two years ago? Even after I've unsubscribed from that thread? Even when I go to see which threads I'm subscribed to, the ones that are listed there seem to have little or nothing to do with what I recieve notifications about.

Sorry, I know the MC people don't control vBulletin. It's not your fault. I just needed to vent.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom,

You are welcome to vent. This should be fixable. Let's see if we can figure it out for you.

There are basically two ways to subscribe to any discussion...

1. Post a message and choose the thread subscription you would like to receive (Subscribe without email notification, instant notification by email, daily updates by e-mail or weekly updates by email)

2. Or at the bottom of any discussion choose a "Subscribe to this thread" link. Choose that and how often you want to receive notifications.

You can also manage all your subscriptions in your own "control panel". Click "user cp" above, then choose "View all subscribed threads". These are all the threads you have ever subscribed too. You can individually turn off those you no longer want to be notified about.

Please let me know if this is helpful for you. If you have other questions, let us know. We will do everything we can to help.

Typically, I don't have notifications on for every discussion, just a few that I want to particularly monitor. I will then later remove those subscriptions either through the control panel or by going to that particular thread and choosing to unsubscribe.

Hope all is well for you in sunny California.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Well, that's what I'd tried before, and I was still getting weird unwanted messages. But I just checked, and at the moment the only threads I'm subscribed to now are the Sullivan DVD thread and this one. So hopefully that will hold (that is, I won't get any more old threads). At any rate, thanks for your quick attention to this, Phil, and for patiently listening to my angry rambling. :halo:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom,

If you still have trouble, please let me know and I will look at your account.

One other thing, if you have subscribed to a particular thread, you should see a little off-white subscription icon on your screen to the left of the title.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Oh, cool. I've never noticed that icon before. That might be helpful. Thanks, Phil!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, no problem. Please post again if we can do anything else to help. Let me know if the notifications are now working fine for you.

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Hello. I just wanted to post here to show that I can still get in :big_grin:

I was trying last night with a new computer (I have been off the board because the old one was acting up badly) and it didn't work. Soon I will sell the old one. Hopefully I can log in with the new one too

I know I had the same password :wink:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I have been having similar problems lately. I havent had any email notification what so ever for about a week now, or maybe a bit less.
All of the threads I am subscribed to are still there, I just havent been getting emails and I usually get emails over the slightest little post.
:smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Paul, all of your notifications have been bouncing. It is likely a problem with your e-mail account that is effecting all/most of your e-mail. I would definitely look into the issue.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its really weird because it seems to be working again now, I got all these notifications. I have had some problems with that email service before, its free so its not very good, its just a very slow pop3 account I use. I have been receiving other emails with it so I dont think it was the email providers fault this time.

I am getting a new host for my website and it comes with lots of pop3 accounts so I can use that from then on. I am also getting a domain name, I am trying to anyway. :smile: