Pre-Order The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i like the song but walter hasnt grown on me yet...i dont know what it is

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Alright so as some of you know, they posted "Life's A Happy Song" on Ryan Seacrest's website... I think it's going to grow on me, and I'll enjoy it even more when the other Muppets sing it at the end of the movie.
I really love the classic Broadway-style musical sound this song has. It almost seems like it could be in The Music Man or something. The amount of variety within the music of this movie seems quite impressive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anything and everything pertaining to Walter will depend on how well the movie does. While Lola Bunny was used in every Looney Tunes project since Space Jam, the little aliens haven't been seen since. And Lola's only there to balance out the lack of female characters. Even then, her biggest roles were in the crappy generic Looney Tunes Babies and the crappy generic Loonatics. She plays a semi-major recurring role in the new show, but she's not on every episode... before that, she had one internet quality Looney Tunes cartoon to herself and was a minor character in Tweety;s High Flying adventure.

As for Muppet movie characters... other than Polly and Clueless being used in a UK exclusive Muppets Tonight short, they haven't exactly added any movie characters before. Sure, you may see someone reused for a crowd scene...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'll agree with what was said earlier about the chicken's numbers on the show being way overdone. Personally I think it'd be pretty bad-a** if the Electric Mayhem had done "Forget You" don't you agree?
Actually I have a chicken puppet that I use sometimes, and I've been rehearsing him singing "Cluck You" for weeks! So I was really pleasantly surprised!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
People who like Weird Al, Twilight, Bieber, Glee or certain reality shows tend to give me a headache.
Weird Al is the only one of those you mentioned that I do like, and I pretty much hate the rest, though I'm not sure if I should hate Glee. I've only watched a little of it, but then again, I chose to blindly hate the others (when I first heard of Justin Bieber, I decided to listen to one of his songs online, and before I was even finished listening to that one song I decided I couldn't handle any more!).

Regarding the Moopets singing The Rainbow Connection, I now actually sort of wish they did a few more classic songs, in a montage/medley-style performance. I'm pretty sure they are bad guys (I think the official character bio for Fozzie says that his fellow Moopets conned him into thinking the group would respectfully keep the spirit of the Muppets alive), so I don't have a problem with them ruining classic Muppet songs.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
No idea if anyone has posted this elsewhere, but The Muppet Mindset now has a full track listing for the soundtrack, which apparently includes 15 dialogue tracks, I'll just go ahead and re-post it here (* are the dialogue tracks):
  1. The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets
  2. Muppet Studios, I Can't Believe It!* - Walter
  3. Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter
  4. I Haven't Seen the Old Gang* - Kermit and Jason Segel
  5. Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets
  6. We Drive* - Kermit and Walter
  7. Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon
  8. That Spells Reno* - 80's Robot and Amy Adams
  9. Rainbow Connection - The Moopets
  10. Welcome Back* - Kermit, Fozzie, Walter and Dr. Teeth
  11. We Built This City - Starship
  12. Party of One* - Sarah Silverman and Amy Adams
  13. Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy
  14. We Humbly Ask* - Kermit and Chris Cooper
  15. Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper
  16. The Answer is No* - Chris Cooper and Kermit
  17. Are You a Man or a Muppet?* - Amy Adams
  18. Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter
  19. Down at the Old Barbershop* - Kermit
  20. Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet
  21. Princesses of Poultry* - Kermit
  22. Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens
  23. It's Time For Our Song* - Kermit and Miss Piggy
  24. Rainbow Connection - The Muppets
  25. Get Out There and Help Those Guys* - Jason Segel
  26. The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird
  27. How Charming, a Finale* - Uncle Deadly
  28. Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast
  29. Mary, Marry Me - Jason Segel and Amy Adams
  30. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

minor muppetz

Reaction score
By the titles of some of the movie dialogue tracks, I have to wonder why some have to be seperate tracks, since some of them seem like they'd come right before (or after) the next (or last) music number.

The Muppet Movie soundtrack had some dialogue from the film between some of the songs, and those audio clips weren't listed as seperate tracks. I assume the other movie soundtracks also had between-song audio clips (the only other one I've heard is the Muppets From Space soundtrack, which doesn't). The various Muppet Show albums (not to mention Kermit Unpigged and probably Muppet Beach Party) also had dialogue between the songs without being seperate tracks.

Watching the most recent trailer, I now know who's in the Muppet Barbershop Quarter!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Looks like the artwork has slightly changed and the title will be on the left hand side of the case which could be on the back insert, and the promotional picture is actually the cover of the booklet (without the logo and titles.)

Status
Not open for further replies.