Pre-Order "Dog City: The Movie" on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Disney owns the special completely. They could release it if they really wanted to... but as I said earlier, Disney hasn't really released ANY of the old specials on their own.
There's a pretty good unedited version of MFC on youtube, and of course the 2001 MFC on dvd. Heck I think theres a version out there where someone seemlessly blended in the missing 7 minutes into the dvd quality MFC footage. Otherwise, there's pretty much no chance the "full uncut" version will ever be released on the home market.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
So with "Song of the Cloud Forest" and "Dog City" now both coming to DVD, if this trend continues, it's possible that we could get all the specials from The Jim Henson Hour released to DVD!
Of course, I still really want to see the MuppeTelevision segments released together on DVD too.
All of The Storyteller segments have been released on 1 DVD set (including the Greek Myths). So next we need "Lighthouse Island", "Miss Piggy's Hollywood", "Monster Maker", "Living with Dinosaurs", "Secrets of the Muppets" and "Sesame Street-20 Years and Still Counting".
I really hope all of these things can be released intact on DVD soon.:smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
We all agree! Let Lionsgate know, I've left a link at the beginning of this thread.

Reaction score
I sure hope that they'll bring the cartoon to DVD as well. I like that show when I was younger.:smile::sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really think the cartoon NEEDS to come back into the light somewhere. It really seems like what they wanted to do with Little Muppet Monsters, but it was actually successful. Plus, Nelvana's animation was a lot more, well, Western looking. And the characters often blurred the reality of the muppet dog characters and their animated counterparts. I don't want it to be another great early 1990's Fox Kids show go through the cracks.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
the cartoon has been released in Australia and Germany. The German DVD only has German audio, but the Australian is the original show!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I can't wait to see this. I only saw it once and when the DVD comes out, I'll definately buy it. But I have to agree, Muppet Family Christmas needs to be out on DVD someday and totally uncut along with other Muppet specials out there.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Well, I already have Dog City in my Muppets video collection... BUT, I'll definately still be buying this (provided it's the uncut version) if for no other reason that to do my part in letting the powers that be know that I/We want unedited versions of other classic Muppet special like such as Bunny Picnic, Emmet Otter, and Muppet Family Christmas. Getting the uber awesome Dog City with better picture and sound than that which I already have will be a sweet bonus. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than the obvious cuts, the JHH linking material, they have Rowlf on the cover, so I doubt there would be problems with his appearance. Plus, as I stated before, Disney does have a relationship with Lionsgate (again, bad early 00's sitcoms on DVD distribution).

But even then, the thing is clearly around 30-something minutes long at best. I'm REALLY hoping for some nice bonus features. I really hope they can get at least one Dog City cartoon on there, if nothing else. I'm sick of watching those 2 episodes I have on VHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.