Prairie Home Companion Live in Erie!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm so excited about this! In January, Garrison Keillor is coming to our own Warner Theater, which will by that point be newly refurbished (still under construction now) for a live performance of Prairie Home Companion - one that's going to be on the radio! I'm definitely gonna go to that one. And tape the episode from the radio, and I can say I was there!! :big_grin: I think he'll probably have a nice-sized audience. There are quite a few fans of the show in Erie. It's about time he came here!
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Welp, I just went to the show tonight! It was great! Was anyone listening to it on the radio? He made lots of local references and even incorporated Erie into the Guy Noir sketch. The Warner was completely filled, and the audience was very enthusiastic. And it was really cool to see how they actually perform the show, since I'm just used to hearing it on the radio. They have this huge house in the background and stuff; it's really cool. Anyway, definitely a worthwhile show! :smile:
Erin

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I wish i had heard it, I love Prairie Home Companion but I have a hard time getting it to come in on the radio. But I do listen to it as much as possible. Anyways, always wanted to see it live, so I'm very jealous... :smile: Guy Noir is my favorite skit too. Must have been great!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
It was great! Have you ever checked out their website? It's really cool, and you can listen to old shows on it. :cool:
Erin

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard it. It was good. I'd like to go to the one at the Greek Theater coming up. Is it as fun live as it is on the air?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty fun. It's weird to see them actually performing the skits, with the three people doing like 10 different characters, scripts in hand. The house they have set up on stage is really cool. Must be a pain to lug around everywhere, though!!
Erin

Gonzo

Reaction score
Very cool, Erin...I'm a recent convert to PHC, mostly because of the various Lake Wobegon recordings by Garrison Keillor...it'd be great to see that performed live.

Even if it makes me feel like an old man to like something on Public Radio....

:boo: :sleep:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm only 15 and I listen to PHC.....so you're a spring chicken!

I LOVE Guy Noir! It's hilarious! I love all of PHC! It's so funny! They had a show this summer that was all jokes. We were on our way to shop in Texas, and I made dad stop the car...I had laughed so hard I had to pee!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, the Joke Show is a hoot! And I know what ya mean, Quinn, most of NPR puts me to sleep, but I love PHC. And Car Talk, even though I know and care nothing about cars... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin