Please help with this Henson memory

PigBoyCrosby

Reaction score
I need help identifying this "show" or clip I saw when I was a kid. I remember watching a jim henson, muppets, documentary, and they showed clips from varous shows i.e. storyteller, muppetts, etc. I remember this scene of a guy playing cards at a table with a bunch of demons, or devils, or monsters. They were small and somewhat humerous and said sarcastic things. and the man seemed as if this was the most natural thing possible. I remember it clearly. Does anyone know what it is? I was so cool. I also remember a man, or a knight or something fighting a large, possibly metal dragon. If someone could tell me what this was I would be greatfull, and would give you many treasures from my vault. Seriously, I have alot of rare tv and movie and music stuff from every era. E-mail me directly if you know what I'm talking about as I don't visit this forum that often. Here's my e-mail address

ghostofmrpalmer@yahoo.com

thanks alot.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
thats from the Storyteller series, it is availible as a complete set on DVD

it was from the " SOLIDER AND DEATH " which was directed by Jim Henson himself.also won an emmy fro best direction if i recal correctley.

the other scene was from a short that aired on the Jim Henson hour called "The MOnster MAker"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes...

The first clip you asked about is from The Storyteller: The Soldier and Death. It was featured as the second half hour of The Jim Henson Hour Episode 3: Monster Telethon.
The part you mentioned is where the Soldier is playing cards with the assorted devils at the ruined castle the latter have taken over. The soldier isn't worried about losing his soul to the devils because he has two secret weapons: a deck of cards that will ensure him a win every time, and a sack that will trap anything once he commands his pray to get in it.

The second clip I'm a bit fuzzy on, it's possible that it could very well be from Monster Maker as ravagefrackle suggested.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

alorindanya

Reaction score
As they stated above, I agree with them. The answers are The Soldier and Death, and Monster Maker.