Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Well, he may have just been nervous because he had a fear of heights. Even though he probably knew that even if he did fall, everything would turn out ok in the end (being a Muppet and all), he was still nervous being so high up. See, even though these sketches aren't quite realistic, we can still come up with rockin' explanations for 'em! :wink: Lol, darn good point about singing a happy song while acting nervous about it. But hey, he loved hanging out and singing with his buddies! And what a fun song The Happy Wanderer is to sing! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
So very true it is a fun song to sing. Especially with your best friends even if you are feeling nervous.:big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Actually I think the Muppeteers were just playing around with the beginning of the sketch having fun of their own.

Logically speaking all three piggies should have been acting like they were having such a happy time singing and hiking. The most the one on the end should have felt was shock and horror when something suddenly hit him hard in the back of the legs sending him falling to his death with a scream while he was enjoying himself. Therefore only the other two should have had the time to suffer the nervousness involved with the rest of the sketch.

But using a bit of implausible poetic licence they chose to show the first piggy in a nervous image very slightly, perhaps intending to subtily lay a hint to the audience as to what might be going to happen when watching the sketch for the first time.

Does this sound like a good theory to you Caroline?

Skye

Reaction score
Yeah, that does make sense. Pretty much a foreshadowing effect that they wanted to give the audience through that piggy. But... I still like my theory, too. :wink:

Maybe it's a combo platter! See, they wanted to foreshadow that something would happen, so they decided to make that piggy afraid of heights. Lol... hey, it's weird, but it could work!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Anything that's weird usually does work successfully where the Muppets are concerned sister dear. :smile: :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, very good point indeed. Guess I'm thinkin' the right way! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And we're keeping the post count rising between us dear Sister Caroline. We are such a great team. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Actually, after the first piggy fell, since they felt it was an accident, I would think they wouldn't feel like they would join him (because they decided to watch their steps even closer now) so realistically, I do think it would be natural for them to think about their buddy and show grief for him.
Well that's all very well said. But what if there were so many loose rocks and slippery places on that dangerous mountain that it didn't matter how hard they tried to closely watch their steps? What if sooner or later you were bound to slip? (of course we know it was an evil goat all the time but this is all just useless trivial conjecture serving no purpose other than to keep our silly thread going):wink: :smirk: :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, I love how we keep this going in here. You're right, we sure are an awesome team!

No, I see what you mean... it's totally possible that they would have run into loose rocks or slippery things, no matter how careful they were being. But since they figured they were being so careful, they probably didn't think about the idea of slipping. After all, ya gotta try to be confident that you can make it sometimes! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Even more lol. You have to be confident you can make it sometimes indeed.
Maybe even the nervous piggy was trying hard to convince himself that he could truly make it.

But the bigger the mountains come, the harder the piggies fall. Sigh. The poor piggies never base their planned confidence around the possibilities of goat involvement, do they?