Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Yowzaa, it's so crazy how close we're getting! :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Closer, closer, and closer... the piggies would be so proud! :excited: :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, the goat sure would be... or he'd be trying to bump us off before we made it to 1000 posts! :wink: But I think we can outsmart him and make it! :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, silly evil goat is darn right! :wink: Oh my... we're so close it's insane! :excited: :big_grin: Except, uh, with me making the 998th post, we'll have to do some rearranging for Marty to make the 1000 post, lol!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'll start posting it now. Hopefully it will turn out as close as possible. But I'll be able to do it before I have to go out. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
(Opening of a bare mountainside scene)
(Three women (pigs) appear climbing up as music begins to play. Leader pulls herself up and turns to nod at the others. The middle woman is climbing with a pick and the woman on the end is trembling a little. As they all commence singing she looks back down the mountain acting nervous)
All: We love to go a-wandering along the mountain track.
(they all look at the audience, the nervous one scrunching her snout, then as they resume she turns to look down and tremble some more)
All: And as we go, we love to sing. Our knapsacks on our backs.
Woman on end: (pulling herself up closer to the others singing enthusiastically) Val-de-ri.
(others sing merrily while she looks at them)
Leader: Val-de-ra.
Middle: Val-de-ra.
(woman on end turns to audience and prepares to sing with gusto when she falls off) Val-de-aaaaaaahhhhh!
(other women do double take in horror then turn to look at each other)
Together: Oh dear!
Leader: (quickly glancing at the audience then turns to middle woman who is also staring ahead) Ooooohh. Watch your step!
Middle woman: (turning to her in response) I will! I will!
(They proceed to climb further up with care, the middle woman using her pick to secure herself as much as possible as they resume singing)
Both: High overhead the skylarks wing. They never rest at home.
(Leader cautiously takes a big step up and other woman follows slightly, imbedding the pick into the mountain as they finish the second verse.
Both: But just like us they love to sing, as o'er the world we roam.
Leader: (gently tugging on the rope between them to verify it's firm and secure) Val-de-ri.
Middle woman: (nodding her head and giving a relieved laugh) Haha. Val-de-ra.
Leader: (gently tugging the rope again) Val-de-ra.
(Middle woman hums the tune joyfully as she prepares to sing when she suddenly falls off leaving her pick stuck in the mountain) Hmm-hmm-hmm. Val-de-aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
(Leader woman does a very shocked double take and watches her fall)
(Leader woman turns and moans despairingly) Oh no! (then pulls herself up further and looks back down shaking and singing in an agitated sobbing voice)
Oh may I go a-wandering until the day I (bawl) die. O may I always laugh and sing (sob sob) beneath the clear, blue sky.
(she climbs up slowly towards a stick-like protrusion as she sings crying)
Val-de-ri (oooo-hooo)
Val-de-ra (wail)
Val-de-ra (when she doesn't fall she holds on and leans back belting out)
Val-de-ahahahahaha!
(she then pulls herself up climbing higher singing happily and loudly and emphasizing her joy)
Val-de-ri! Val-de-ra! (raises her arms in order to climb higher still)
Beneath the clear, blue (two huge boulders come rolling down, she turns toward the camera and cries "Awk!" just before they run her over screaming) skyyyyyy!
(the boulders roll down past the pick still stuck in its place and out of sight where the trio first appeared as applause sounds.)
(then a goat sticks his head up and turns to the camera bleating three times, then once more looking down as the scene fades)