Pigs in Space!

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Hi...

In the Muppet Show what were the exact words the announcer used to introduced the Pigs in Space sketch?

And now: PIGS IN SPACE! Featuring the ??? Captain Link Hogthrob, the ??? First Mate Miss Piggy and the ??? Dr. Strangepork!

In Muppets Tonight, what was really the name of the new Pigs in Space series? Who was that French pig? And what was that little purple thing?

Thank you!

crazy ernie

Reaction score
on muppets tonight, the french pig is captain pighead(pronounced pejay) and the purple thing is craniac

gymkatarules

Reaction score
The adjectives preceding their names changed each episode. My favorite: the sanctimonious Dr. Strangepork.

-Chris

Drtooth

Reaction score
I LOOOOOVE Pigs in Space!!!! I liked the original, but I really didn't like the Muppets Tonight version. Mainly because there was no Dr. Strangepork or Link Hogthrob!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I vaguely remember "Pigs In Space" from "Muppets Tonight!" It really isn't the same. Heck, I don't think anyone knows who those pigs or creatures are in that. (Well except for Miss Piggy of course.) They should have brought back the original crew.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by the Daffyfan2002
They should have brought back the original crew.
I agree!!! I mean, Steve Whitmire could have been Link, and Jerry Nelson could have reprised his role as Dr. Strangepork. Pigs in SPace, the Next generatin was a cute idea, but obviously inferior!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
crazy ernie said:
on muppets tonight, the french pig is captain pighead(pronounced pejay) and the purple thing is craniac
What?? I was about 5 when Mt first came out so all I remember is Animal chasing Sandy Bullock and my cousin looking like Clifford. I certainly wasn't muppet-obsessed then!! But didnt they have Link and Strangepork?? This is an outrage!