Piggy Construction Question

Trekkie Monster

Reaction score
I think I read that her face is made of rubber latex, is it covered with antron? An is her body made in the same way?

rtgentry

Reaction score
Piggys head is FLocked, not antron
Her body is foam covered in antron.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I've always wondered something about Piggy and other puppets made from foam.

How do you connect the neck to the foam and make it seamless? It seems like there's no way to attach them without either using a lot of messy glue or a lot of messy (and not very strong) stitches behind.

Steve

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Melonpool said:
I've always wondered something about Piggy and other puppets made from foam.

How do you connect the neck to the foam and make it seamless?
They're not seamless at all. You can very clearly see the neck seam on Piggy.

:stick_out_tongue:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
rtgentry said:
Piggys head is FLocked, not antron
Her body is foam covered in antron.
this as been discussed before, but here goes

Piggy's head is Foam Latex, it is the covered in a material called flock

her body is carved out of foam, witha complex internal structure, it is the flocked the same way here head is,

her arms are also carved and flocked

the neck and head are attached, but the body is not attached to the neck, the pearl necklace hides the hole in her torso, were the neck is inserted, if it was attched it would limit the movment of her head, and create so very severe creases and wrinkles in the neck every time she turned her head

rtgentry

Reaction score
you go boy, james (rav) is awesome. He is the all knowing.... :crazy:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
saftey pins on the inside of the body for the neck tube

piggy's neck is sculpted to her head its part of the mold.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Not sure if this answers your question or not Steve, but the way I attach a neck tube to the body is to safety pin (or sometimes sew) the neck to the opening at the bottom of the puppet for you arm.

If you mean how does the neck attach to the bottom of the head, it's usually just sewn, usually with strong thread, and the seam is picked (if it's antron) so it's invisible.

Does that help?

Keeermit

Reaction score
hey there,
yes the miss piggy head is foam latex and flocked, her head and neck are actually all one piece from the mold - her neck is not fabric its foam latex . If you are planning to create your own miss piggy i dont recommend trying to mold foam latex and flocking as it is a very costy way to set up, also flocked heads dont last very long. When i made my Miss Piggy puppet I just carved her head and body from blocks of foam- one block for the body and the other for the head and neck. Then I dyed some Antron fleece the closet I could to the color of piggy and hand stitched it to the foam. I think the antron piggy looks just as good as the flocked piggy and it will last a lot longer. if you wanna see my piggy check her out here

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/puppets

cheers Keeermit