Piggy and Jessica reunite for Pizza Hut and the Super Bowl

beaker

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I tried some today. It was ok. The smell is kind of weird. But I ate some and enjoy it. Pretty much like the dipping strips just it's on the pizza's crust.
*shudders* So is this the only commercial work the Muppets are relegated to these days? One Pizza Hut commercial with Jessica Simpson a year? *remembers the good ol days of master card, dennys, long john silvers, etc*

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
beaker said:
*shudders* So is this the only commercial work the Muppets are relegated to these days? One Pizza Hut commercial with Jessica Simpson a year? *remembers the good ol days of master card, dennys, long john silvers, etc*
I would have to think my favorite Muppet commercials from many moons ago where the Muppet Polaroid camera commercials where they interacted with actress Mariette Hartley and James Garner. They did more than a handful of them. Hartley and Garner played a couple in these and the Muppet Show characters would interact with them. They would all take turns snapping pictures in various commercial. Hartley and Garner would snap pics of the Muppets mainly to showcase what great rich colors a Polaroid could take. I do believe they once did a Christmas Polaroid commercial which was beautiful to look at.

Frogster

Reaction score
Those sound like cool commercials... who were the Muppets that were in them?

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Those sound like cool commercials... who were the Muppets that were in them?
All the Muppet show gang. I don't remember them to well but they never did explain what was the relationship between Garner and Hartley and the Muppets all in the same scenes together. The choice of the Muppets for these commercials were an excellent choice since they were used mainly to show the rich color pictures the Polaroid camera could take.

I think I remember in one commercial James Garner snapped the Polaroid picture as pretty Mariette Hartley sat in a chair on a porch in the evening surrounded by all the Muppets.

I also remember another Polaroid commercial of Gonzo snapping pictures of everyone.

Be great if Polaroid released those again.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Found this on the web:

Pizza Hut Demonstrates the Fun in New Cheesy Bites Pizza with Ads Starring Jessica Simpson and the Muppets

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 31, 2006--The upcoming Pizza Hut Big Game Day ad will have heads boppin', feet stompin' and its new Cheesy Bites Pizza poppin' into mouths across the country. Jessica Simpson helps kick off the company's new Cheesy Bites Pizza product launch with a 30-second commercial featuring a new version of the song "These Boots Were Made For Walkin" remade to be "These Bites Were Made For Poppin'."

The commercial is a parody of Simpson's latest role in The Dukes of Hazzard movie as Daisy Duke and her corresponding music video. The scene opens in a Pizza Hut restaurant with a teen-age boy having dinner with his family and placing an order for the new Cheesy Bites Pizza. To the boy's surprise, Jessica Simpson is his server. Adding even more humor, in the second ad, scheduled to run during the eight-week product campaign, the young boy returns with his friends expecting Jessica Simpson to bring his Cheesy Bites Pizza again, but instead, his restaurant server is Miss Piggy dressed exactly like Jessica Simpson.

"This Cheesy Bites Pizza is fun so we've had fun with the ads too," said Tom James, chief marketing officer, Pizza Hut. "And Jessica's song is a great centerpiece to the entire campaign. It's definitely going to be a commercial to remember."

Pizza Hut is also launching a national online sweepstakes giving away an autographed pair of boots from the new Jessica Simpson line, the same style that Simpson wore on the set of the commercial. Fans will be able to go online to www.pizzahut.com/cheesybites to enter the sweepstakes starting Feb. 5. Customers will also have an opportunity to win an autographed pair of Miss Piggy boots online starting Feb. 26.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Miss Piggy would be proud if someone from Muppet Central won her boots!

Frogster

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Another one? I wonder if Kermit or anyone else will bring up Nick... that'd be hilarious.
Now that's a great idea! Of course, I'm sure it would fly right over Simpson's head if they made a joke about it.