Pig songs

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I think of all the animal groups on TMS the pigs were probably the most well used in numbers because they were so easily adaptable to human like situations even able to wear clothes like people and act like people would.
Out of interest is anyone able to give me a detailed list of all the songs on the show that were performed by the pigs and briefly what they were like please?

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I think there may be a couple of other reasons the pigs were so well used. Miss Piggy was one of the few major 'star' characters you would generally use in a song situation, it tended to fit in with her character.
While Annie Sue's great singing voice ensured that she just had to crop up in numerous musical numbers, regardless of whether they were generally 'pig' numbers or not.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is a list of pig songs that I can think of. I haven't actually seen all of these. I'm not counting any where the pigs are just in the background along many other types of characters (like Temptation).

Lydia, the Tattooed lady: Kermit wears a striped outfit and sings about a pig named Lydia, who has tattooes over her body.
Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song: Miss Piggy, backed by Rowlf on piano, Fozzie on vocas, and the cast on background vocals, sings.
Let There Be Love: Miss Piggy and Bruce Forsyth (on piano) sing and are backed by a male pig chorus.
What Now My Love: Miss Piggy sings and is chased by men who turn into monsters.
The Entertainer: Mis Piggy sings a reprise of the song that Milton Berle had just sung.
Cuente Le Gustas: Miss Piggy and some pigs sing in a spanish setting.
Don't Dilly Dally on the Way: Miss Piggy sings a solo number, which the audience sings along to.
Pig Song: Fozzie sings and get's heckled by offended pigs.
Sonny Boy: Link sings to a live pig.
Pig Calypso: a calypso number sung by Miss Piggy about kermit. The pigs back her up, and at the end, Kermit comes to sing a line, and get's karate-chopped.
That's Entertainment: The pigs sing a big show-stopping number, featuring Miss Piggy as the statue of liberty.
The Lullaby of Broadway: Eskemo pigs sing at a snowy place.
Staying Alive: The pigs sing in rennesance clothing.
Carbon Paper: I haven't seen this one, but Annie Sue Pig sings it.
Hawian War Chant: Hawian pigs sing.
I Get Around: Miss Piggy and the pigs ride motorcycles.
In The Navy: Viking pigs go to a villiage to kidnap various animals.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Don't forget:

Tico Tico - strange as it may seem, apparently Annie Sue sang it! (I've not seen it, but looked it up on Kermitage - I was surprised to read it was one of Annie Sue's, since its rather a fast tempo number, and great singer though she is, fast tempo singing isn't exactly one of her strong points).

Alo, two numbers that spring to my mind, that haven't been mentioned, I'm not sure if they count, but...

Do Ray Mi - sung by various muppets (Kermit, Fozzie, Scooter, a whatnot, Beauregard, Robin, and,... Annie Sue)

Diamands Are A Girl's Best Friend - ok it was really a Guest Star number, but there is a behind the scenes picture in the book OM&M of Annie Sue in the background during that number.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I can't remember the time Fozzie upset some pigs with a song.
Whatever episode it comes from it must be hilarious though

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I do remember in the navy very well from the Roger Moore episode. A very clever pun on the Village People's classic hit. I remember my mother saying to me when it first aired in those days navy was a term used for the vikings. Very different from the navy as we know it today

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I can't remember the time Fozzie upset some pigs with a song.
That song is from the Madeline Kahn episode. I've seen the episode, but not the sketch (it was cut when it aired on Nickleodeon).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Speaking of songs done by the pigs on the show can anyone remember the time they sang one of my favourite songs "The Happy Wanderer"?
What did you think of that rendition?

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
That song is from the Madeline Kahn episode. I've seen the episode, but not the sketch (it was cut when it aired on Nickleodeon).
Funny you should mention that, because that episode aired yesterday on CTS here in Canada. Funny thing was Link and Strangepork were still wearing their Pigs in Space costumes when they came out to confront Fozzie.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Speaking of songs done by the pigs on the show can anyone remember the time they sang one of my favourite songs "The Happy Wanderer"?
What did you think of that rendition?
This song was part of the fourth season episode that guest starred John Denver. It was also released by Timelife as part of the best of the Muppet Show series.
I love this pig performance. It is by far the funniest thing ever done on TMS in my honest opinion.
Can anyone tell me what they think about it in their own opinion?