Photos from Sesame Season 39

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That so cool and thank you so much! I see then made some changes to the set again! It you'll notice the Veterinarian's Office now says auto repair and now had yellow doors and a lock up over it! Hooper's also looks quite different as well as other slight changes to the set.

Problem is I don't know what the name of the auto show is? I can't make it out as it is kind of blurry.

twasbrillig12

Reaction score
Awesome! Caroll rollerskating in the bird, that made my day. I hope I can do whatever my equivalent of that would be when I get up there.

RyGuy

Reaction score
what is the planned curriculum this season

Hello, Ryguy here. I was just looking at some photos of the actual taping process of Sesame and I must admit it looks really cool I've always wondered how they tape it.

Anyway, I am interested to know what the planned curriculum area is for this upcoming season . And I read about an auto repair shop going in where Gina's vet shop is That seems odd since none of the humans drive cars on the set what is the thinking behind having an auto repair shop ? I'm not againist the idea of it, I'm just wondering . If no one has the scoop yet, that's fine with me .

Drtooth

Reaction score
Amazing behind the scenes footage. Just amazing to see how it all comes together.

Anyway, we usually hear news around this time about the new season. Didn't we get the news about last season in January?

ISNorden

Reaction score
What the...? The only cars I've ever seen driving down Sesame Street are a grouch cab and the Sloppy Jalopy, so why would Gina's vet office get replaced by an auto-repair shop? After having her adopt Marco last season, are they writing Gina off the show or something?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
If you can read it. I don't know if there is a choice to zoom in or not like with my mouse, but It blurry, but you can make out it saying auto repair above the doors here. I can't make out the name, but it might be who runs it? If you also notice, there seems to be a flower bead where the green stair way used to be.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a6...reet feb 08/?action=view&current=Feb26009.jpg

You can see some changes made to Hooper's in this picture here.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a6...reet feb 08/?action=view&current=Feb26008.jpg

Also, Molly Shanon on The View the other day said something about Doing a scene with Oscar and Slimey at Sesame's Bug Show Or Bug Shelter or something to that effect.

I wonder very much the fate of Gina myself? But I don't think she's going anywhere seeing as she just adopted a child. Maybe they just moved the location of her Vet's office. I'm also would like to know the answer as I'm sure a lot of us here are about the the main curriculum focus of next season as well.

wiley207

Reaction score
I like the new set. It looks a lot like the one they've used since 1998. And it's good to see Caroll Spinney in the Bird suit once again! Last season, he just mostly did the voice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wowie Kazowie, looks like I'll be VERY busy working on my Sesame Street scale model this fall: I think I've noticed more set changes than William pointed out...

1. Yes, Gina's office is an auto shop, but also notice there's no staircase to the attic anymore, nor is there that apartment building directly behind it.
2. The ground in the arbor in general looks different as well.
3. The apartments in the garden area (between Gina's office and 123), the bottom right window is now missing, and covered by vines, the top middle window now has one of thos metal fire escapes in front of it, while the bottom middle window lost its awning.
4. The wall of the alley next to Big Bird's nest appears to be lacking the climbing vines.
5. Looks like Gordon and Susan have blue curtains again.
6. Yes, Hooper's does look different, but I wish there was a better picture so we can see exactly how much it's been changed.

wiley207

Reaction score
Then again, I remember reading from a post last year saying the set was going to be redesigned next season. I guess this is what they meant. But it looks nice though.

Man, with the new set, involvement from Jim Henson's Creature Shop and Caroll Spinney inside Big Bird once again, this will probably be a great season, despite Elmo's World not going anywhere. :excited: