Petition for TMS Season 5 to be reaired on Disney

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually like the Disney Channel tween "crap" :stick_out_tongue: Especially Hannah Montana... Wizards is a great show too. Oh and Phineas and Ferb is fantastic.

Yes, but it shouldn't be ALL they do. Forget the Muppets... the only way Mickey, Goofy, and Donald can be on the Disney channel (Disney would have been NOTHING without these characters. They helped him launch the empire, you know) is to shove them on a hideous looking CGI Dora clone.

And yes, Frogboy is dead on... these networks used to cater specifically to one group, now they feel the need to go after the everyone else, killing their channels in the progress, and having these disconnected people run these networks IS making them lose ratings, by alienating their fan bases, and not aquiring everybody else, because everybody else is watching everything else.

When there's no variety, then what's the point of having multiple channels?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re losing ratings. This format is the only way to compete these days. That’s exactly the problem with television. With so many channels to choose from (plus other viewing options such as the internet taking away more eyes), cable stations are forced to expand beyond their origins and show all styles of programming in the hopes of drawing people’s attention. Despite the fact there are more channels than ever before.

We may like to see older material, but the vast majority of people don’t. Putting that stuff on the air is a risk, frankly. The best way to stay competitive and reduce the risk of losing money is to do the same thing everyone else does and not take chances. Much like mainstream movies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re losing ratings. This format is the only way to compete these days. That’s exactly the problem with television. With so many channels to choose from (plus other viewing options such as the internet taking away more eyes), cable stations are forced to expand beyond their origins and show all styles of programming in the hopes of drawing people’s attention. Despite the fact there are more channels than ever before.

We may like to see older material, but the vast majority of people don’t. Putting that stuff on the air is a risk, frankly. The best way to stay competitive and reduce the risk of losing money is to do the same thing everyone else does and not take chances. Much like mainstream movies.
It works about 60 or 70 % of the time. CN steadily lost ratings when they tried the live action format the first time, and they canned plans for more shows until recently. Out of Jimmy's Head was a flop, copying Nick Jr. and Playhouse Disney (Tickle U, right?) was a flop.... and I doubt everyone's watching the lame movies from the 80's-2003 time table. CN lost its roots ever since they had to kick out the guy who did that LCD Mooninte crap. They've gone through several network execs, none of them even stayed their for long. If CN wants to be competitive, it has to be itself.

Disney, on the other hand, is successful. A little too successful, and there's no room for expanding back to Disney programming.

Nick22

Reaction score
i think they should re air all the seasons! starting with season one

Teheheman

Reaction score
As much as I HATE to say it, I think that the Muppet Show is NEVER going to be shown on regular TV again. Not even on TV Land. Why? Because I think that they think that they will lose a group of people if they change their schedule or sacrifice a show in order to put the Muppet Show on the schedule. Although, I agree that 18 hours of Hannah Montana is a little much, but CMT/VH1 don't play many music videos anymore. It's almost like the stuff that MTV doesn't have time for. I think that TV channels are showing the same things because they think that that is what people wanna see even though most people just wanna see THAT show, and not 45 copycat shows. There's more to this thought, but I'm sure that everybody else has already said what I wanna say. I just didn't wanna repeat the same dang thing over and over again.

Daniel

muppet baby

Reaction score
I actually like the Disney Channel tween "crap" :stick_out_tongue: Especially Hannah Montana... Wizards is a great show too. Oh and Phineas and Ferb is fantastic.

But anyway, I would like them to play Muppet stuff too! That'd be awesome! And then I could record the episodes from season 1 with missing musical numbers on my own DVD so I could preserve them in DVD format.

(Oh and for the record, I LOVED the studio DC specials, but I guess only 'cause I love the Disney Channel shows :insatiable: )
I am with you , I love Hanna Montana as well .

One of my favorite shows .

I love the Disney Channel in general , i do agree though that they should show more then , those same show line up over and over again .

I totally agree that they they should run the entire 5 seasons of the Muppet Show on the Disney channel even if they do put out all 5 seasons on DVD .

I miss the good old days of Disney when you also had some great Disney movies running a lot to on the Disney Channel , along with the good old Disney cartoons and also THE MUPPET BABIES running there to .

I hope that they do run all 5 seasons of the Muppet Show at some point on the Disney channel , and then also get back to putting some great Disney cartoons back on the channel .

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that TV channels are showing the same things because they think that that is what people wanna see even though most people just wanna see THAT show, and not 45 copycat shows. There's more to this thought, but I'm sure that everybody else has already said what I wanna say. I just didn't wanna repeat the same dang thing over and over again.

Daniel
My thoughts exactly. Let's say, to stay "competitive" with CSI, someone makes an exact, to the letter clone of it. Nothing all that different. What are more people going to see? The ACTUAL CSI. That's how cable wants to work now. there's 3 basic shows. The "Cartoons are for kids, so let's watch a more grown up cartoonish, actually more juvenile pop star try to act," "Reality TV show that's so trashy that people watch it ironically,*" and "Hey, there's Sopranos. Remember Sopranos? And Sex in the City! We can make shows that get that much buzz... REALLY. Just ignore the multiple references to the word movie in our channel's logo."

Since everything's switching over to digital, and that takes up a lot less room than analogue, I WANT to see new cable channels spring out of CN and AMC that actually show what they're supposed to. It's all this instant society. Everything has to be an instant hit... and frankly, instant hits usually peter out quite quickly. Look at Spongebob and Seinfeld. They were hardly successful the first couple of years, and they both exploded to become pop culture phenoms. No one wants that commitment anymore.

* People who watch reality TV shows ironically are like people that buy books to burn them. You're STILL supporting them. They don't give a fig why you watch, to either mock it, watch it to see how terrible it is, you're watching and that's only benificial to them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just had a thought. Although reruns of The Muppet Show have been shown in other countries, could it be possible that Disney is waiting for all of the seasosn to be reelased and restored before broadcasting them on television in america? So that TV reruns would look as good as the DVD releases?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather have Disney put their energies into getting the rest of The Muppet Show seasons out on DVD then on a cable network.

The good old days of cable are gone, my friends. :frown: I remember being so excited when we first got it back in 1987 and loving every minute of it and now like others here have said they have tried to switch their programming to go after different age groups and whatnot.

Heck even TV Land has some dopey reality shows on it now, etc. This is why when I DO watch television these days it's either baseball games during the on season or DVDs of movies and T.V. shows that used to be on that I enjoyed.....