Peanuts figures

Gonzo

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought these would get a higher profile debut than they've been getting; I think they look good, but I have one major issue with them:

THE COLORS!!! Pop questions: what color is Lucy's dress? Charlie Brown's shirt? Linus' shirt?

Answers:

Lucy's dress--blue
Charlie Brown's shirt--yellow
Linus' shirt--red

How can the people at Playing Mantis not know this? Every single character they have in "alternate" colors, and although I know they occasionally appeared in these colors in the Sunday comics, in every single animated special, they wore their usual colors.

For me, it means that I'm not gonna buy the line, although the toys look like they're well sculpted, well made figures. But they're not the "Peanuts Gang" I know.

I do have to give props to the props--including things like Lucy's booth, the kite-eating tree, and "the wall" they'd often stand behind to discuss philosophy are master strokes of accessorizing.

But I can't get over the colors.

Quinnnnnnnnn

Gonzo

Reaction score
@#!$#!@#$*

Okay, I need to take back SOME of what I said:

I just saw the link to the toys from the Great Pumpkin special, and that features Charlie Brown, Sally, Lucy, Linus, and Schroeder in their "correct" colors....I just don't get why they would do it the other way. I will probably pick those up, plus Pig Pen....and if they come out with a corrected Peppermint Patty, Marcie, even Violet and Frieda, I'd get those too.

Linus' hair DOES look a little too thick--should be a bit more sparse and stringy, IMO.

It'd be AWESOME if these were in the same scale with the Simpsons figures--I'd have a freaking school house rock of freaks, man....

I just need to find Rod and Todd flanders to have all of the kids.

Quinnnnnnnnn

radionate

Reaction score
Quinnnnnnnnnn (I think I typed one too many "n's"

Don't pass these up if you really want them, as they are coming out with more in 2003, including Rerun, Snoopy All Stars, and the gang in their baseball outfits!!!!

Playing Mantis Toys are also coming out with a set of Mickey's Christmas Carol PVC Figures! They don't look too hot, but they might be okay once I see them in person.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'll get the ones in their "classic" costumes, but I'll be passing on the others.

I wouldn't get Rerun, but I'd definitely go for Peppermint Patty, Marcie, Franklin, Frieda, Violet, Patty, Shermy...

Quinnnnnn (n's may vary according to availability)