Paul Williams Elected President & Chairman of ASCAP

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Songwriter Paul Williams was elected President and Chairman of the Board of ASCAP (the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) today.

Paul Williams is an Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe winning Hall of Fame songwriter. Williams was a guest star on "The Muppet Show" and was the songwriter for "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas", "The Muppet Movie", "The Muppet Christmas Carol", "A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa", and Henson's new "Emmet Otter" stage show. He also had cameo appearances in "The Muppet Movie" and "A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa."

Congratulations Paul! :excited:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I can't think of anyone better to be the head of ASCAP. I am a big Paul Williams fan not only through his work with the Muppets (though that was my first introduction) but his various other songwriting, and especially of the music and his role in the film Phantom of the Paradise.

I am so bummed I missed him locally a few years back when he was touring with equally amazing performer and fellow Muppet Show guest Melissa Manchester!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Kudos to Paul. He totally deserves it. He's a terrific songer and songwriter for people and for Muppets alike. Congratulations, Paul Williams!