Paul Benedict

Al Hempker

Reaction score
I also remember that Stockard Channing also appeared in at least two of these films. She was the lady having a picnic in the 3 skit and was one of the elevator passengers in the 7 skit. Anyone remember if she was in any others?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
She was also in the "4" one, holding the umbrella.

According to Sesame Workshop, Paul Benedict played "The Mad Painter".

Ziffel

Reaction score
I thought of this one segment that I'm wondering if it was Paul Benedict. There was some music for about 30-45 seconds. Then this tall dark haired guy points to himself and says, "Me." "Me." "Me." And the final time he says it, it's really drawn out, "Meeeeeeeee!". It was outside and the letters M and E might have been shown together. His height and dimensions, plus the sound of his voice, seem to me that maybe it was Paul Benedict. Never saw him credited for anything on SS besides the Number Painter segments, but perhaps he did this brief sketch too?

Ziffel

Reaction score
In addition, I think this guy had a beard like the Number Painter did.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
She was also in the "4" one, holding the umbrella.

According to Sesame Workshop, Paul Benedict played "The Mad Painter".
Oh, I see what mikebenedict meant. I meant to say that "The Mad Painter" is what the number painter is called, not who played him. Sorry for the confusion. :embarrassed:

doctort13

Reaction score
My father went to high school with Paul Benedict and used to tell me that he auditioned for a play, and dragged Paul along (under protest) to help him read lines. It's funny how Paul went on to an acting career. My father eventually became a radio personality

mikebennidict

Reaction score
that's very interesting. did they continue to keep in touch? even to this very day?