Palisades Sesame Street Protos

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
I wouldn't judge the size of the figures on the picture I originally provided. Someone Photoshopped that together and it's not the best. In that pic, they smushed Ernie down for some reason and Slimey is huge. Don't get your info from that pic, Count.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Laughs good-naturedly. Thanks for the tip Tim, though i did say i was judging more by Anthony's pics. *Schemes proceeding nicely. :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Tim... What hexactly is it you're trying to tell me about in this image-only link? Blind batty eyes remember please. :search:

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
D'oh! Sorry, forgot. I found a pic of Palisades prototypes Guy Smiley, The Count, Ernie, Bert, Little Bird, Elmo and Oscar all next to each other in clay/plastic form. Obviously from a very early stage of their development. There are smaller pics of Cookie and a head shot of Big Bird in the top corner but I was happy to find this pic because it shows how tall everyone is compared to each other. What I would give to have just one or two of those figures. Mmmmhmmm.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, okay then. From this earlier group shot, how much taller would you say Count is to Ernie? Would the suggestion of a quarter a head based on KB47's pics hold about true? His are the ones I'm using as default/standard, cause they're the most further along we've seen/gotten.

Thanks for the help.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Whoah, cool! I got 'em pretty close. Though it does seem I overestimated Little Bird's size, the rest look about right. Neat.

I'm working on converting a bunch of pictures right now, but when my Boy wakes up, I'm gone! :smile:

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Yeah, Count. That sounds about right. What secret project are you working on?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If I told you... Well, I don zink you want to know what happens to zem zen.

The photo project is erm, well, in limbo currently.
The other thing are my haunters or counting characters, some of which are monstrified versions of Muppets, like the Banshee based on Janice and so on. Whenever I get someone to draw them up going by my itemized descripts of each, turning those into static-posed PVC figurines would be greatly helped by having the photo and an idea of the size/height of the Count prototype sculpt. They'll be a bit cheated at slightly taller than the Mini Muppets, but still preserve the same scale comparison range.

Hope this helps. :sleep:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Ah, okay then. From this earlier group shot, how much taller would you say Count is to Ernie? Would the suggestion of a quarter a head based on KB47's pics hold about true? His are the ones I'm using as default/standard, cause they're the most further along we've seen/gotten.

Thanks for the help.
I am thinking now that the Count would be more like half of Ernie's head taller.