Palisades Muppets S1&2 Yellowing Blister Packaging

Clifton

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was going through the trunks where I had stored my Palisades figures and found that all of my series 1 and series 2 figures had yellowed plastic on the cases. Seems unusual to me that this only happened to the first two series, since no on the others were affected. They were all placed in storage trunks with packs of desiccant from the day they arrived to me new, and this is probably the first time the trunks have been opened since 2005. Has anyone else seen any issues like this with just series 1 and 2? I was cataloging them to see what I have and what I was missing. I also would love to be able to display them for enjoyment (still in the package), and was looking into the various ways of doing so. I thought of sending everything to AFA to get graded and placed into archival cases, but was amazed by the cost of that, as I have 54 pieces. Does anyone have any other choices for archival hard cases for these guys?

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
Your not alone with the Series 1 & 2 packages yellowing because mine did the exact same thing! I had mine displayed on a wall in a dark room and every one of them besides Rowlf and Scooter, yellowed. I think Palisades must have used cheaper plastic because I've got other action figures displayed that are much older than these and they are still mint with no yellowing. I don't know much about archival hard cases but I do know they are expensive! Hope you will be able to find something that works and looks great too! :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah, it happens, I'm not sure why. It's part of what got me into becoming a "loose collector." Which I'm actually happy doing now.