Palisades Lips: Which is best?

los

Reaction score
Taking the plunge and going to splurge on myself, early Christmas gift. Which is the official Lips and which is least prone to tacky paint? If both answers are the same, I'm set. Next is where to purchase.

Dearth

Reaction score
I own a white-shirt one with VERY tacky paint, and a silver one with much less tackiness problems (mainly on the Java puppet accessories, if I recall correctly).

Sorry, I don't yet own the brown shirt version. I purchased one from Amazon, but when it arrived, it was another silver one. The seller had used an online image and didn't realize there were variants. I got a nice refund for it.

Alex

los

Reaction score
Thanks Dearth. For the white version, was the tacky paint on the Java puppets or Lips. Which is the original?

Hubert

Reaction score
What is considered the regular and main Lips is the white shirt one, despite the fact that it seems that Lips wore his brown shirt as often or even more than the white shirt.

As for tacky paint, I'm no expert on it, but I'm pretty sure that it is hard to predict tacky paint, as it kinda depends on variables. Personally, I would just go with the Lips that is your personal preference, or, if financial troubles are a concern, the cheapest one.

los

Reaction score
That's true. I do prefer the brown shirt over the white and what is $10 - 15 when overall the figure is $200+ lol.

jobi71

Reaction score
I own the silver shirt version, and had no problem with tacky paint on Lips or the Java Muppets.

Hubert

Reaction score
P.S. For what it's worth, I have the brown shirted Lips, which there was little tacky paint issues, if none. On the other hand, his head did fall off, but all Muppet figures are fragile and all the Lips should be made the same, so that wouldn't most likely ahve much to do with the variant that I have. Either way, a little bit of glue did the trick.

Hubert

Reaction score
That is one of the deciding factors that made me get the brown shirt one. Also because for some reason Lips and the brown shirt just gel together.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I prefer the brown-shirt Lips because of the original color of the Java Muppets but I also like the silver-shirt Lips because of its shininess and the green and blue colors of the Java Muppets aren't bad.