Overused Songs in Movies or TV

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I can't wait until America collectively becomes embarrassed of that song and never plays it again, like what it did to the Macarena.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed in some movies, Daddy Day Care and Toy Story 3 being two specific examples, whenever there's a fluffy, love at first sight scene, you can bet your boots "Dream Weaver" will start playing.

And a lot of parties in movies seem to almost have "Le Freak" playing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sexy and I Know It by ***** has been used alot lately. Especially in TV promos.
*****= Worst band EVER.

It's overused because it's the hip new thing. It's like a Lonely Island sketch on SNL, only with no joke, and it's really supposed to be like that.

Seriously... TERRIBLE! And that other song of there's... why, there's more soul in this song:

SSLFan

Reaction score
"You Get What You Give" by New Radicals

Alexandro8100

Reaction score
"Every night in my dream...i see you...i feel you..."titanic song...in movie as well as in TV shows...no doubt great song...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've kind of noticed whenever there's a scene that takes place on a beach, or some sort of tropical paradise, or whatever, "Wouldn't it Be Nice" by The Beach Boy seems to be used frequently: on SEINFELD, where Kramer hangs out on the beach and eventually finds a lobster trap; in 50 FIRST DATES whatever; and in the deleted extended ending from RANGO where Dirt is turned into a beach resort town.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Wouldn't It Be Nice is one of the few songs that can justify being overplayed because it so freaking amazing. The Beach Boys were awesome in the mid-sixties.