Out of Character Interview in Variety!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I read this, and it was really wonderful. They really broke down the Muppets and Disney relationship quite well. I also found it interesting to find out how Brian Henson felt about the 2011 movie. His take on it, is kind of what I have felt as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If we do get a new Muppet show, I really don't want to see it try to be like another show. Disney was trying to do that back in the 2000s by having the Muppets do their own version of THE OFFICE, I really don't want to see a Muppet version of CURB YOUR ENTHUSIAM.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Eh, I'm interested in seeing something different than "The Muppet Show," because that's something that can't be recreated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, I can agree that lightning doesn't strike twice... they tried that before with MT! and it was only moderately successful (and even that's being a little generous) compared to the original TMS; I'm just saying, I'd rather a new Muppet show not basically be a Muppet version of an already-existing show. Variety shows, for the most part, were pretty much already passe by the time TMS came along, so in a way, it was unique for its time period, and that's what I'd like to see a new Muppet show be: something unique that will make it stand out, not a Muppet mockumentary sitcom (I'm so sick of those anyway), or as Bill is proposing, glimpses at the Muppets' (fictionalized) personal lives. For a while there, there was the possibility that Jim's idea for THE CHEAPEST MUPPET MOVIE EVER MADE being revived for THE MUPPETS (2011), I think perhaps they could take a look at some of Jim's old unrealized ideas and proposals that were too ahead of their time and make them work for today's television landscape.