Oscar Drives a bus through Kermit's House

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Does anyone recall this sketch? Kermit is relaxing in his apartment, when suddenly, he hears banging at his door. When he opens the door, it turns out to be Oscar accompanied by his grouch friends. All I can remember is that they were trying building a bus stop in Kermit's house. Kermit gets really angry and yells at them to leave. Just when he thinks the grouches have left, he hears a bus coming, it smashes through the door and he starts running away. That's about all I can remember and I think this sketch might have been from the late 80's. :smile: :grouchy:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Yes! I remember seeing this one seeing this one in 1989/1990 It's one of the last times (if not the last) Jim ever performed Kermit on Sesame Street. I remember Grungetta was in this one. She was one of the grouches on the bus. I thought it was really cool to see Oscar and Kermit together. It's funny how they didn't air this skit too often. I recall only seeing it mabye 3 times altogether.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's interesting. I didn't think those two interacted at all, except in that "pledge drive" thingee in the "Sesame Street Special."

They could have been seen together more often. Maybe they could have done a duet of "Bein' Green." Just a thought.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
They could have been seen together more often. Maybe they could have done a duet of "Bein' Green." Just a thought.
Yeah, and when Oscar sings the grouchy parts like, 'When it could be nicer being grey or brown or puce' Kermit says, 'No, no, you mean 'When it could be nicer being red or yellow or gold'' That'd be cool..:smile: :grouchy:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I hope Muppet_DK has pictures of this sketch...

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Don't forget Kermit and Oscar appeared together in "Do the Rubber Duck" with Ernie.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
They were also interacting together with the Count in a season 29 episode where Slimey lands on the moon.