One Way vs. Don't Walk

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So which song do you prefer - One Way or Don't Walk?

Both songs are sung by a one-time Anything Muppet voiced by Christopher Cerf, and both involve a sight word on a sign that restricts the singer from doing something. Both tunes also keep the singer apart from his girlfriend. However, in One Way, he does learn a solution around the One Way sign, while in Don't Walk, we never do see the light change to just Walk.

I like One Way better, but have been enjoying Don't Walk recently (okay, so I haven't been that familiar with the song until a few months ago).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I honestly like both songs personally, that said I do like “One Way” a bit more with that slow 70s rock melody and the backing vocals accompanying Cerf’s lead (I’d be curious to know who provided backing vocals because I don’t believe any info was found on that). And I do enjoy how the song ends on a good happy note as it fades out with Cerf’s “Ooooooooo-ooooooooone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!”

“Don’t Walk” was also good in a depressing way. I remember really disliking this song when I first saw it on YouTube as a teenager just feeling like it ended on such a sour note, but as I got older, I did learn not everyone gets their happy ending in the end. So I’ve come to appreciate it more with age. It has a nice beautiful 80s country pop ballad melody to it. The harmony backing vocals accompany Cerf’s lead vocals nicely.

I’d say if anything it has a bittersweet ending feeling like “Inside/Outside Story” does.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I thought "Don't Walk" was referring to the song performed by three female cast members (Olivia, Susan and Maria) in the 1980s?