One Hour Bear In The Big Blue House Special Planned For Week Of September 11th

Luke

Reaction score
Press Release

SOURCE: Newstream/Yahoo/Businesswire

Disney Channel to Present Special One-Hour Episode of Popular Series `Bear in the Big Blue House' On Building Hope Within a Community in Times of Adversity and Worry

A special hour-long episode of the Emmy Award-winning series "Bear in the Big Blue House" from Jim Henson Television, illustrating for young viewers and their parents/caregivers how a community comes together to cope with unexpected adversity, will be presented each day, Monday, Sept. 9 Through Friday, Sept. 13 (1:00-2:00 p.m., ET/PT), during Disney Channel's learning-based programming block for preschoolers, Playhouse Disney.

You can view a multimedia version of the story by going to http://www.newstream.com/cgi-bin/display_story.cgi?6712

beaker

Reaction score
Leave it to JHC for tackling the tough stuff in a creative manner!
Hmm, hopefully this fall the Bear will rise to prominence again, as Bear mania sure seems to be M.I.A.

Treelo

Reaction score
"Bear Mania"

Expect a second round of "Bear Mania" very soon!

An all new Bear in the Big Blue House Live tour is set to premier in New York this November.

The brand new show will expand on "Surprise Party" by including more characters - Doc Hog, Treelo's Lemur friend (sorry, the name escapes me at the moment), and the mice from Tutter's school are set to appear.

The show's theme is going to be about new experiences and change. It should be a lot of fun....

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It will be great to see more of Bear. :wink:

RugbyTiger

Reaction score
BEARTASTIC!

Hey everyone!! (It's sure been a while!!!)

WOW! I really can't beileve just how excited I am about the way new series of Bear seems to be developing. I have complete faith that the team will handle the themes of September 11th with the intellegence they've already displayed in past eps like "Bats are People Too" (conquering stereotypes and uneducated predjudice in possibly the most effective way I've ever seen on television).

They've already proved that the actual social issue doesn't need to be explicitlty disected to the point of confusing the audience, and the strengh of characters in the show should make this one of the most poignent Henson specials ever!! (and convince a few of you non-Bear believers:big_grin: )

And WOODLAND VALLEY!!! Expanding Bear's world should be just the thing to attract those older children (that means us too!) who are put off by the formulaic nature of the show. As long as the familarity, security and warmth of the Big Blue House is preserved the fourth season should be utterly fantastic

C'mon people, Surely this deserves just as much excitement and discussion as the action figures (which I adore by the way!) This show in partuiclar crys out for similar such support, especially as it really is the most exciting and potential filled development at Henson at the mo.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease, If you still haven't given him a go or dismissed him too quickly, Check out Bear's 9/11 special; If you don't love Tutter the mouse imediately I'll eat my Kermit cap!!

Take Care guys!

Jamie B

(hopefully not a flying visit!!)

:wink: :wink:

RugbyTiger

Reaction score
Hey Phil, and thanks! (Hope you are really well) I had seen the pic already, but it was certainly worth seeing it again as it's sooo good!!!!

Take Care and all the very best

Jamie B:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Well, itll be interesting to know whats planned for the new season of Bear when it hits disney this fall. Im curious if any if at all new format changes were made. Sadly, Im guess theres still gonna be no real life location scenes, and the same ol intro and outro, which makes the *actual* Bear show about 15 minutes.

now im confused though...

>>>An all new Bear in the Big Blue House Live tour is set to premier in New York this November. <<<

is this the tour ala the 1998 mall tour where its actual puppets and stuff that tour places, or just big costumed guys like the Sesame tour. If only they would show this on tv...as this would be more interesting that the current format.

Ive always wondered about the show tour...is it like the Muppet live show last December?

>>>And WOODLAND VALLEY!!! Expanding Bear's world should be just the thing to attract those older children (that means us too!) who are put off by the formulaic nature of the show<<<

the formula has changed??? Hmm, maybe Im missing something...

fromt he article: >>>For the first time since the series premiered in October 1997, viewers will see Bear visit other locales in Woodland Valley including the General Store and Post Office, the Movie Theatre, Fire Station and Library. Additional upcoming episodes of "Bear in the Big Blue House" continue the theme of community and heroes with stories about volunteering, charity and bravery<<<

Hmmm, why not actually have Bear visit a NYC firestation with Tutter? Sheesh..even FR ventured into the real world with Uncle Matt.

Sadly I dont feel theres a lot of love for the third biggest Muppet franchise today...if they would only change some of the formula, mix things up it might attract more older viewers.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Re: "Bear Mania"

Originally posted by Treelo
Expect a second round of "Bear Mania" very soon!

An all new Bear in the Big Blue House Live tour is set to premier in New York this November.
Thanks for the info Treelo. I knew a tour was starting up in November because a puppeteer I know got cast in it, but I didn't realize it was a brand new show. Any idea how long it is out on the road?

I actually had an audition for the live tour, but couldn't make it because it conflicted with some work I was doing. :frown: Man, I would have loved to have been Tutter! (Sigh) there's always next year...

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I actually had an audition for the live tour, but couldn't make it because it conflicted with some work I was doing<<<

so the live tour is more akin to the live TMS show from December, and not guys in suits dancing around like Sesame? Im glad if its puppets, as Id feel cheated if my parents took me to Sesame live to see people in big suits:wink:

Now one big question...is it all prerecorded or live voices? I ask because the Bear character voices arent hard to do at all(heck I can do tutter and treelo!), so itd be weird if it was 100% prerecorded...as this wouldnt allow for any studio participation.