Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

anytimepally

Reaction score
it just occurred to me that if things continue like they're going, we'll get Fraggle Rock: Season Three, The Muppet Show: Season Two, & Sesame Street: Old School, Volume 2 all fairly close together.. I'm very excited, but I wonder if my budget can take it :concern:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
if things continue like they're going, we'll get Fraggle Rock: Season Three, The Muppet Show: Season Two, & Sesame Street: Old School, Volume 2 all fairly close together...
Geeze, we all better start saving up for the impending Muppet DVD-apalooza, because no one will want to be the last one on the block to pick any of these releases up!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Geeze, we all better start saving up for the impending Muppet DVD-apalooza, because no one will want to be the last one on the block to pick any of these releases up!

Assuming that we can find volume 2 when it comes out. Then again, when volume 1 came out, I was only able to find one copy, and now I've seen many copies at many stores.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the "timeline" process between now and the date of release will be similar to how the "timeline" was for the first set.

Here is the time line for news of the first set(going by memory):
November 2005: somebody gets an e-mail from Sesame Workshop that confirms that Sesame Workshop was getting legal clearances for a Sesame Street nostalgia set, but states that it probably won't be released until at least 2007.
April or May 2006: Somebody gets an e-mail from Sesame Workshop stating that there are official plans for a set, I think it was said then that it would come out in October (so much for waiting an extra year). Shortly afterwards, Amazon (or was it another website?) puts up Old School Volume 1 on it's website, giving Ocotober 24 (or whatever the official date was) as the release date.
June or July 2006: A website (it could be Amazon) has a page for this set, listing it as "Sesame Street Nostalgia: First Five..." (at cut-off). This leads to a brief two-day rumor that the set would have the first five episodes.
August 2006: The cover is shown on the internet for the first time, confirming that it features material from 1969-1974. Shortly later, TV shows on DVD gives a press release, announcing that it would be athree-disc set, with fve epsiodes, 45 bonus segments (which later turns out to be 54), and the original pilot (which ans speculate is the pilot pitch that ended up on the set, but soem think it might be one of the test pilots).
September 2006: It's confirmed that the set will have the first five season premiers.
October: Sesame Workshop puts up a trailer for the set on it's website, and puts up a few press releases. In the weeks before the set is officially released, somebody at Muppet Central, gets an advanced copy and posts a review at Muppet Central (though information on what bonus sketches are included is first listed at Muppet Wiki).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I may have said this before, but if this set represents the first five years, I hope that it includes either one of the test pilots, This Way to Sesame Street (the NBC promotion special that aired two days before the series officially premiered), or Out to Lunch as bonus features. If it represents the next five years, I think that A Walking Tour of Sesame Street would be an appropriate bonus feature.

Kiki

Reaction score

anytimepally

Reaction score
I'm even more excited today! :excited: .. if this keeps up, I'll explode before the release

Status
Not open for further replies.