Old school TMNT season 2 DVD in April

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2828

Personally, I perfer the "closer to Mirage" style of the new show (since they actually use their weopons), but I still enjoy the original. Season 2 will be volume 2, as, apparently, while seasons one and two combined equal 18 episodes (season one was only 5) season three jumped to 47 episodes, and they'll definately think about splitting them up.

This is due around the same time the first set (not really a set... it's one disk) was released a year ago.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The new TMNT has seriously grown on me, it's just like the Eastman & Laird original comics, but the goofy original cartoon is still my fav. Crap, I didn't even realize season 1 was out, gotta' go find that.

Any special features to report on (on either season 1 or 2)?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for the news!
ahh, More Turtles, Fraggles, and Garfield on the way! I wondering when those speacil Pee Wee's playhouse (with extra features) dvd's come out? I also hope more of ALF comes to dvd as well.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Since we're talking about cartoons, I have Batman The Animated Series: Volume two on dvd and it has 4 discs with 8 episodes a piece. That was one of the best things I bought in a good while.

Now if they would only get The Real Ghostbusters cartoon show on dvd, then we'll be in business.

ryan

Animal Jam

Reaction score
Alright! I love the old TMNT episodes! The new one isn't as good or as funny. How much will it cost?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i heard they were remaking a new tmnt movie anyone know anything

Drtooth

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Now if they would only get The Real Ghostbusters cartoon show on dvd, then we'll be in business.

ryan
If there ids one thing I have learned about DVD's it's this. DVD's come out at the disgression (SP?) of the copywrite owner. In other words, it depends on who owns the series, if and how DVD's are released. Which is why you see so many obscure shows get big boxed sets, and more popular ones that fan would suck up like a sponge never see the light of day. Why else would they have every darn season of "What's happenin'" and not one episode of Get Smart...

>>The new TMNT has seriously grown on me, it's just like the Eastman & Laird original comics, but the goofy original cartoon is still my fav. Crap, I didn't even realize season 1 was out, gotta' go find that.

Any special features to report on (on either season 1 or 2)?<<

Season one's special features were 4 episodes from the end of the series. Not really good episodess, either.

I guess to fully enjoy the newer series, you'd need to be a fan of the old comics. I like the old show too, but then again, a lot of the plotlines were pretty formulaic after the second season... plus, that Mutegen monster episode (the one with giant cow) was so entirely bad with all those cowbunga, dude ranch and cow puns... errr...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Frogpuppeteer said:
i heard they were remaking a new tmnt movie anyone know anything
John Woo, who directed Mission Impossible 2 and Face Off was going to direct it and it was going to be an all CGI movie, but it got canned.

ryan