Old Nick Appreciation Thread

What was your favorite show?

• Total voters

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I liked the solo Tommy episodes, but did find it weird they did ones where he could barely talk. But how did you feel about the three episodes that didn't have Tommy in them at all ("Cuffed", "Pickles Vs. Pickles" and "The Unfair Pair")? I liked all of those.

And I thought it was usually Phil and Lil who did the "Don't be a baby" line.
Tommy used to say it in early episodes.

I only vaguely remember the non-Tommy epiodes. Which was the one where Chuckie and Angelica were locked in a closet? It's been so long. I actually do remember "The Unfair Pair", but not extremely well. Not sure if I ever saw the other two.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I only vaguely remember the non-Tommy epiodes. Which was the one where Chuckie and Angelica were locked in a closet? It's been so long.
That's "Driving Miss Angelica", where Chuckie has to be Angelica's slave after saving his life. Tommy did appear in that episode, though I've read that the original script had him absent.

And that episode seems to be a little different from other TV episodes where somebody saves someones life. In other instances, the one whose life was saved offers to be the heros slave, and they end up annoying the one they serve (though with good intentions), but in this one it's Angelica who tells Chuckie he has to be her slave for the rest of her life, and she never gets annoyed by Chuckie's servitude.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I miss the Rugrats! There were some great voices of those rascals including Elizabeth Daikly who eventually was the voice of Babe the Pig as well.

Hayley B

Reaction score
For the one that posted about that they should have a channel for Old Nickelodeon shows. For that success of that "Totally 90's" slot, I can't why not. It would be nice to have a channel like that. Though in my case, I would love some of the 80's too.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard that story somewhere. I seem to recall reading that one of Arlene's big beefs was Germain making Angelica too unlikable.
I was thinking Angelica makes me think of an angry and demanding little MISS Piggy as a girl.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Only thing I had a beef (but not that bad) about Angelica. Was that they would forget that she is only a little girl.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Only thing I had a beef (but not that bad) about Angelica. Was that they would forget that she is only a little girl.
Apparently, that was another one of Arlene's complaints. I think by the time the "court" episode came around, Arlene felt that the Rugrats were behaving a little too much like adults.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
One episode that I only remember seeing once when I was very young comes to mind. As I recall, Angelica was made at Tommy and Chuckie about something, and chased them around her house (or it may have been Tommy's or Chuckie's house, I really don't recall). Anyhow, at one point Tommy and Chuckie hid in a closet. Angelica opened the closet and couldn't find either of them. It turns out that the two are hiding in suits hanging from the wall. Anyone remember this episode?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One episode that I only remember seeing once when I was very young comes to mind. As I recall, Angelica was made at Tommy and Chuckie about something, and chased them around her house (or it may have been Tommy's or Chuckie's house, I really don't recall). Anyhow, at one point Tommy and Chuckie hid in a closet. Angelica opened the closet and couldn't find either of them. It turns out that the two are hiding in suits hanging from the wall. Anyone remember this episode?
I think that's the episode where Angelica learns about the tooth fairy and wants to get one of Chuckie's teeth out of his mouth so that she'll get the money.