Old Ernie, Bert and Maria street skit

Censored

Reaction score
hooperdusty said:
That skit where Ernie imagines Bert throwing him out was because he imagined breaking his favorite vase.

The audio track to the skit appears on the album AT HOME WITH ERNIE AND BERT.

So far, my all-time favorite "Ernie's in trouble" clip is the one where he ate Bert's chocolate ice cream, and he actually mashes a banana with an ice cube and pours gravy on it to pretend it's chocolate ice cream (it's cold, mushy and brown, right?)

That's one of the all-time best as far as hilarity.

Those are both 2 classic skits that I haven't seen in a long time.

In the first one, I love how Ernie's imagination runs away with him and Bert's reaction at the end.

The second skit is hilarious and, if I remember correctly, I think it includes a rare appearance of Oscar in Ernie and Bert's apartment.

hooperdusty

Reaction score
Hiya!

Yeah, Oscar appears, saying that Mr. Hooper gave him 2 extra chocolate ice creams, and then sees Ernie's "creation" and announces it as his second favorite dessert (the first being "a strawberry sundae with lots of pickles and sardines on top!").

It reappered in recent years on a "Sesame Street Unpaved" episode. I think it's the one where Buffy sings in the opening scene and later Big Bird sings "He's Smaller Than Me" (the same audio track from LET YOUR FEELINGS SHOW).

The clip was first produced during the 1970-71 season.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember that old Ernie, Bert, and Maria skit. It also bothered me that Bert would lose his hair, while Ernie seemed to have kept his. Bert had already lost his cookie, and now his hair? :frown:

Censored

Reaction score
There was also a similar street, albeit not as intense, where Maria mediated and argument between Ernie and Bert when they were arguing about what music to play in the street. Ernie and Bert could have used Maria around more often.

Censored

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I remember that old Ernie, Bert, and Maria skit. It also bothered me that Bert would lose his hair, while Ernie seemed to have kept his. Bert had already lost his cookie, and now his hair? :frown:
Maybe that was in memory of the older skit where Ernie cut all of Bert's hair off. The gag of a bald Bert was also illustrated in an old "Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood" book.