Old characters you'd wish would return to the Muppets

jobi71

Reaction score
I know this might not be possible. I would really LOVE to see Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers, Dog Lion, Timmy Monster, Geri and the Atrics, AND Louis Kazagger! They’re all classic characters and haven’t been seen in a VERY long time. Lubbock Lou and the Jughuggers are little more obscure, but they’ve always had a vintage Muppet feel to me and had nice designs/builds. :smile::wink::big_grin::sympathy::crazy::hungry::cool:
Some of the Atrics (I believe) have been rebuilt and used as background old lady characters - granted they're not rocking out as they used to. I think Doglion was in the London live show in the opening theme song. Someone who saw it can correct me if I am wrong. I think there is little chance for Timmy or Louis or the Jugband (6 characters) and only one of the performers is regularly involved with The Muppets at this time. Jerry, Richard and Jim have passed (Jim and Steve swapped Zeke a few times). Steve and Frank are not involved and Louise they seem to have forgotten about. Dave is still about, so maybe Lubbock could have left the group for a solo career. ;-)

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I actually sent a written letter to The Jim Henson Company asking about that a few years ago. They never responded though :sigh:.

KCJ506

Reaction score
I'm still wondering how home after all these years they still haven't made an adult live action version of Skeeter.

Sally Swing

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal are high on the list but...wait for it...

ANY AND ALL OF THE MUPPET LADIES!

I love what they did with Yolanda in the 2015 series and it would be cool to see other obscure-ish girl characters return like Annie Sue, Denise, Spamela, Mildred, Vicki, Zondra/Darci, the whatnot dancers, etc. I always loved the two whatnot ladies who danced with Rowlf and Animal, they had some really cute designs and funny moments. ("BOOGIE BOOGIE BOOGIE!")

Also Blind Pew. Just Blind Pew. His cameo in Muppets Most Wanted was amazing and I headcanon that he and Uncle Deadly are cousins who can't stand each other. So much comedic potential there, man.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal are high on the list but...wait for it...

ANY AND ALL OF THE MUPPET LADIES!

I love what they did with Yolanda in the 2015 series and it would be cool to see other obscure-ish girl characters return like Annie Sue, Denise, Spamela, Mildred, Vicki, Zondra/Darci, the whatnot dancers, etc. I always loved the two whatnot ladies who danced with Rowlf and Animal, they had some really cute designs and funny moments. ("BOOGIE BOOGIE BOOGIE!")

Also Blind Pew. Just Blind Pew. His cameo in Muppets Most Wanted was amazing and I headcanon that he and Uncle Deadly are cousins who can't stand each other. So much comedic potential there, man.
^ This! All of those characters have a lot of potential. I've probably mentioned this before, but now that Whitmire is gone, I wouldn't mind Yolanda taking Rizzo's place in the cast. It would be cool to see Gonzo and Yolanda just be really close friends.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Hilda, Mildred, George the Janitor... all the "old" characters who are stuck in the first season of TMS.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
^ This! All of those characters have a lot of potential. I've probably mentioned this before, but now that Whitmire is gone, I wouldn't mind Yolanda taking Rizzo's place in the cast. It would be cool to see Gonzo and Yolanda just be really close friends.
Yolanda should not replace Rizzo! Have them both coexist! Rizzo WILL be recast eventually! He’s too high-profile a character!

Last edited:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Yolanda should not replace Rizzo! Have them both coexist! Rizzo WILL be recast eventually! He’s too high-profile a character!

He was only suggesting it man, it's actually a good idea

And it's nearly been 2 years since Rizzo has been seen publicly and God knows how long since he's spoken, they recast Link and Lips 2 characters who didn't have a future in sight 10 years ago
If they were going to recast Rizzo. They'd of done it by now

Yolanda on the other hand. Has potential to be a great character. Still has a performer and can actually stand on her own two feet comfortably without Rizzo there

DMHFan

Reaction score
Not to mention his (Rizzo's) voice is really good. He was somehow likeable.

Last edited: