Old characters you'd wish would return to the Muppets

jobi71

Reaction score
As my avatar suggests I am a fan of Zelda Rose and wish that she could pop up somewhere. Someone above mentioned Hilda and I think it was a big loss to lose that character. She would have fit in well for seasons 2-5. I don't see much of a role for her now as Deadly has (quite brilliantly) taken over most of her duties. In general I would like to see the minor/fringe characters get more airtime. They lamp shaded the issue in the Jack White episode of The Muppets, but there used to be Muppet choruses comprised of Rowlf, Zoot, Floyd, Animal, Wanda, Hilda, George the Janitor, Gonzo, Scooter, Miss Piggy, Janice and Brewster (Paul Williams) or Rowlf, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Blue Frackle, Miss Mousey, Scooter, Baskerville and Nigel (George Burns). It was a mix of main and supporting characters and bit players. Nowadays they really just focus on the top tier (granted the top tier is about 30 characters so I know there are a lot). I would like to see some more randoms thrown in the mix.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Since Behemoth has been appearing more often lately (yay!) I'm gonna go with Gorgon Heap. He's a classic Muppet monster, and actually helped introduce me to Behemoth (somewhat). Big V is another favorite of mine - Heap with a long nose! :smile:

EDIT: 100th post, yay.

gravy

Reaction score
Nigel (the conductor), Beautiful Day Monster, Marvin Suggs, and Gorgon Heap/Big V.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I really want to see Dr. Phil Van Neuter again, he was great, like a hyper Bunsen. Johnny Fiama and Sal Minella duo was the best, sucks Brian Henson left.
Sorry to reply to an old post, but Sal could always be performed by a new puppeteer (David Rudman sounds like him a little bit).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The puppets of Johnny and Sal are in unusable conditions, and it seems that only Bill B. would only perform Johnny with Brian H. was doing Sal.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Mainly Gaffer and Brewster.:wink:
(Well, not really missing them that much- lol- but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them again.)
A bit more seriously though- George the Janitor! Glad to see Wayne and Wanda have made a bit of a resurgence in recent years- hope that continues. Oh yeah- and Thig and Thog.:smile:

DMHFan

Reaction score
I'd say Clifford (host of MT), Johnny Fiamma, and Sal Minella.

LStein

Reaction score
I know this might not be possible. I would really LOVE to see Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers, Dog Lion, Timmy Monster, Geri and the Atrics, AND Louis Kazagger! They’re all classic characters and haven’t been seen in a VERY long time. Lubbock Lou and the Jughuggers are little more obscure, but they’ve always had a vintage Muppet feel to me and had nice designs/builds. :smile::wink::big_grin::sympathy::crazy::hungry::cool: