Of Muppets and Men DVD

dbeamer

Reaction score
Hello I have the following material on DVD which is unavailable in the US:
Of Muppets And Men
Muppet Family Christmas (almost uncut UK version)
A Christmas Toy

The above three are DVD transfers from DVD source which should play in most standalone DVD players.

I also have John Denver: A Christmas Together on DVD but the source was from an old VHS tape and is not nearly as good as the above material. Still it is decent quality especially considering the age and quality of the source.

I would be glad to trade for any Muppet (no Fraggle or Sesame) material that is not currently commercially available. What I would really like is to get low generation tapes (preferably first). I understand that people may not want to get rid of their precious tapes but might be willing to make a copy. In that case I would love to borrow your master and I would be willing to transfer it to DVD and return the master as well as a DVD copy of your master and I would also be willing to throw in another disk of the above material. I can only accept NTSC (US) tapes. Also if anyone has any DVD's they have compiled of unreleased material I would be interested in trading for them as well.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to have the John Denver Christmas DVD! There may be a Muppet-related video I could give you in exchange. Please feel welcome to email me at don.barrie@sympatico.ca and perhaps we can arrange something.

Don (aka OI MuppetFan)

uncleduke

Reaction score
I have (direct off broadcast)

Henson's Place
Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson (off Florida TV with Commercials for the Muppets Attraction at MGM)
THe 35 year Celebration

Not sure how to get a hold of you, as I can't email you through the board

dbeamer

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far. I have a list of some specific items I am looking for:
Muppet Valentine Special (with Mia Farrow
taped at ABC 1973

The Muppet Show:Sex and Violence
taped 1974

The Tonight Show hosted by Kermit

The Muppets Go Hollywood
CBS special 1979

60 Minutes Report: Backstage at "The Muppet Show"

Here Come The Puppets
UNIMA special airs 1981

The Muppets Go To The Movies
taped in London 1981

The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
ABC TV special 1982

The Muppets - A Celebration of 30 Years
taped in Toronto 1985

The Muppets appear on Nightline
A National Town Meeting on Wall Street and the Economy

The Muppets at Disney World
taped 1990

The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson
CBS special 1990

The Muppet Revue
(Harry Belafonte, Rita Moreno, Linda Ronstadt, Paul Williams)

The Kermit and Piggy Story
(Cheryl Ladd, Tony Randall, Loretta Swit, Raquel Welch)

Children's Songs and Stories
(Julie Andrews, Charles Aznavour, Judy Collins, John Denver, Brooke
Shields, Twiggy)

Rock Music
(Alice Cooper, Debbie Harry, Helen Reddy, Linda Ronstadt, Leo Sayer, Paul
Simon, Loretta Swit, Ben Vereen)

Muppet Treasures
(Loretta Lynn, Ethel Merman, Zero Mostel, Buddy Rich, Peter Sellers, Paul
Simon)

Muppet Weird Stuff
(Julie Andrews, John Cleese, Dom DeLuise, Madeline Kahn, Vincent Price, Jean Stapleton)

Country Music
(Johnny Cash, Roy Clark, Mac Davis, John Denver, Crystal Gayle, Loretta Lynn, Roger Miller, Roy Rogers, Dale Evans)

Muppet Moments
(Pearl Baily, Lena Horne, Liza Minnelli, Zero Mostel, Bernadette Peters, Andy Williams)

Rowlf's Rhapsodies
(Marisa Berenson, George Burns, Petula Clark, Steve Martin, Peter Sellers)

Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook
(Milton Berle, Beverly Sills, Raquel Welch)

Also I am interested in Muppet Shows that have not yet been released. Another thing I am interested in is something that I has taped long ago (who knows maybe it will turn up) are fairly long guest spots of Piggy and I think Kermit on the Dolly (Parton) show in the mid to late 80's. Does anyone else remember this? dbarrie and uncleduke I will contact you both shortly.