Occasional scenes that occurred in TMS goodnights

Pug Lover

Reaction score
This topic refers to occasional outbursts that had occurred between muppets,sometimes even guest stars,during TMS goodnights.Here are some that I'll never forget:
Kaye Ballard:She tells Kermit that she thinks Miss Piggy is honkey.Piggy immediately storms onto the stage and karate chops Kaye.The two of them then have a major hitting match,with Hilda,Scooter,Floyd and a few others trying to break it up.Hilarious chaos!
Avery Schrieber:He comments on Piggy's behavior.Kermit responds with a series of wisecracks about her.She then storms onto the stage and karate chops the frog.Whenever he gets up off the floor,she knocks him back down.
Mummenshanz:MISS PIGGY:Kermit I want to apologise for my behavior on the show tonight.Old buzzard beak was driving me crazy.:GONZO:frown:suddenly appearing):You drive me crazy for you Miss Piggy.:MISS PIGGY:You know something nasty nose,I am gonna send you on a one way trip to the geek farm.(karate chops him into the orchestra pit)Pig power.:KERMIT:Well the course of a true love never runs smooth.:
Lena Horne:She convinces Kermit to allow Piggy to sing on the show in the future.When Kermit agrees,Piggy bursts onto the stage,grabs Kermit and kisses him wildly,leaving Hilda to do the honours of saying"We'll see you next time on the Muppet Show".
Dom Deluise:KERMIT:Congratulations to those of you who weren't paid off by the pig.:MISS PIGGY:Stand back Deluise.It's chicken'a'la'frog time.:
Elke Sommer:Beaker uncontrollably chases her and the general muppet gang back and forth with a chainsaw he couldn't control.:KERMIT:We'll see you next time,,AAAHHH:ELKE SOMMER:On the Muppet Show.:
Carol Burnett:CAROL:How about my Lonely Asparagus sketch?:KERMIT:I'm afraid that we are out of time.We'll see you next time on the Muppet Show.:CAROL:OUT OF TIME???:She shakes him violantly and yells at him.

What goodnight outbursts can you recall?

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Julie Andrews: "Kermit, about my cow?"

Not sure if that counts...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And of course, there was the famous scene at the end of the Tony Randall episode where he accidentally turned Kermit into a statue. It seems like Piggy was yelling at him the whole time during the closing credits.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
How about the Steve Martin episode where he comes out and yells at Kermit for not informing him the show is doing new casting calls and not an actual show for the night.

ryan

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
that was actually the opening. But the closing on that show was good too. Started with Steve Martin playing the closing theme on the banjo.

Kermit: And if anyone's still watching, we'll see you next time on the Muppet Show!

chicamuppet

Reaction score
what about Rita Moreno´s show? The moment when she is singing "fever" and Animal, who is at the drums, starts playing his solo when he musn´t, so Rita get very angry.
RITA: "Oye buddy, no me vuelvas a hacer eso, me entiendes? NOT NICE!, A mi mirame a la cara cuando te hablo! Como vuelvas a estropearme el numero te pego un tortazo que te dejo BOBO!" and so on...hilarious.

Then i love when Piggy sings "women" with Raquel Welch...in fact, she tries to steal the guest start her show after she is informed that Raquel has a solo.

Then, i love the moment when Piggy sings with the guest start (i can´t remember her name), a song that was about women that have to defend themselves against men...both were practising karate, the guest start with a puppet man, and Piggy with the poor Kermit

Piggy: "Oh, you have a puppet! I do have my own puppet too...KERMIT!!! Come here!!" :mad:

That Announcer

Reaction score
At the very end of the Gene Kelly episode:

GK: "Kermit, I've had a wonderful time here."
Beau: "How can you say that? The world is going to come to an end!"
GK: "You know Beau, I've had a look at the instruction book for those tarot cards."
(Gene whips a book out of nowhere)
GK: "It says here that when the seven of lumps is in the ascendency with the beginning of the drowning refrigerator, it doesn't mean that the world will come to an end! It means that your laundry will come back gray and dingy."
B: "You're just saying that to make me feel good! But I know better- the world is coming to an end!"
(Gene and Beau begin arguing at a low volume)
Kermit: "OK, and we'll see you next time on the Muppet Show!"

(BTW: this is the post that makes me a Senior Member.)