Now what's going on with YouTube?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I still have problems with videos lagging. Often times, I play them in HTML5 via a Firefox add-on and that solves things.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've experienced lagging issues too, but they've actually been very few and far between, and when they do happen, usually clicking refresh a couple of times fixes it. One thing I have been having problems with for about a year or so is the occasional choppy playback; I'm not talking about how bad it was years ago when I had my old computer that was barely puttering along on 512MB of RAM as opposed to the 8GB I have now, but like sometimes it looks as if the video playback just isn't as smooth as it could/should be.

And while we're on the subject of playback, does anybody know how to set your videos to play in 480 or higher by default? I see some vids out there that do, and I remember once hearing about a certain tag you type or a certain code to add in the description box that supposedly does that, but I remember trying it and my stuff still played at 360 by default.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
The analytics feature where you can see what videos are being viewed per hour. It was released a couple of weeks ago. For loading comments, could it be your browser? I've got Firefox version 3.6.28 installed and there are some features that won't work, including loading the video comments. YouTube isn't supported on older versions of Firefox anymore.

Huh. I recently verified my 5+ year old account and received a code, so I can use custom thumbnails. And...why would new accounts be approved for custom thumbnails anyway?

Oh, and they still haven't fixed the lag problem.
My comments finally loaded on Saturday, so I guess it must've been something wrong with my Internet at the time.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
There's this one user whom I won't name on YouTube who made the Mumfie fandom mad by not uploading his Fox Family recordings of the show, "because the creator was on YouTube". Well, guess what? There have been quite a few uploaders of the show on YouTube including Seriemorder, LibyCartoons and Tuber7 and myself who haven't had their videos taken down. And also, Britt Allcroft stated that she liked it when fans shared her work and even linked to an AMV of Mumfie! So guess what I did? I unsubscribed to the channel and apologized. And due to this, I'm still on the hunt for Fox Family, Fox Kids and Nick Jr. UK recordings of Mumfie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
FINALLY got my verification code... and it was actually because I had to update my email security settings.

But yay, finally got my channel verified! Guess I know what I'll be doing throughout the day today...

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's this one user whom I won't name on YouTube who made the Mumfie fandom mad by not uploading his Fox Family recordings of the show, "because the creator was on YouTube". Well, guess what?
You know what? He had a right to do so and a justified fear of losing his account. It sucks and sometimes the creators say they don't mind someone uploading their stuff and the company that actually owns it is insanely litigious, especially if they have absolutely no desire to release things legally, be it online or home video. It sucks he had to do it, but all it takes is for one random company that had a fleeting connection to the show to whine about the money they think they're entitled to to pull them all down. Networks that haven't aired the shows in years or DVD license holders of long out of print DVD's have killed their fair share of accounts. I'd be more mad at them.

As far as my problems go, I still from time to time get the refusal to load videos even with the overpriced high speed Fios that I had to get. As for as what I upload, I've done my last one, it's unspectacular, and it's just been on my computer for months and I said "heck with it" and uploaded it. And it has a line too vulgar to post directly here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what's actually starting to annoy me a little? How so many people now are uploading video content in overlays of random images sort of like picture frames - that seems to be the big trend right now, and I'm guessing it's the latest way of trying to weasel around copyright (after image flipping, color inversion, speeding up, slowing down, among others have failed).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I hate it when this happens.

This is even worse.

One or more videos have been removed from the playlist because they were deleted from YouTube.

I'm so glad I don't have a YouTube account anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Every once in a while I make it a point to prune my favorites list, because inevitably, a video or two will either be deleted by the user, removed for copyright, or made private for whatever reason.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I gone through my playlist before and I get a dot dot dot symbol on the video and its blank meaning that it has been deleted. Ugh! No wonder I go find new videos for the same title of the stuff that i am looking for. *bangs head on desk*