Now what's going on with YouTube?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Please tell me I'm not the only one who just spent 5 minutes trying to find the volume control on the videos just now. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Please tell me I'm not the only one who just spent 5 minutes trying to find the volume control on the videos just now. :embarrassed:
YYes, I see that to continue to add confusion to the whole effect, YouTube has decided to give us yet another new video player, which just makes these worse problems even worser.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i gotta say i dont mind the new video page, but with out the stuff on the side and everything under the video i find it kinda blah and boring

dmoss

Reaction score
I don't like the giant ball they're using to track how far along you are in the video...it's big, clunky, and kind of unnecessary. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
i gotta say i dont mind the new video page, but with out the stuff on the side and everything under the video i find it kinda blah and boring
Really. That looks like something from 10+ years ago. It looks like a 1990's Table of Contents/Index website. You can't just right click and go to the poster of a video on the sides anymore. It's an unneeded extra step that I REALLY don't like. And it is incredibly ugly and plain looking.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are any other youtubers having this problem: Lately whenever I get an inbox message, the text appears for a second and then disapears. I can see the messages when I check my e-mail, but it is strange.

Also at one point a few months ago it seems all of my then-previous comments had vanished. Don't know what happened there... Seems like nobody else's had, the people in charge of youtube didn't send me anything about it, and even comments I made to my own videos had disapeared!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are any other youtubers having this problem: Lately whenever I get an inbox message, the text appears for a second and then disapears. I can see the messages when I check my e-mail, but it is strange.
Yes.
Also at one point a few months ago it seems all of my then-previous comments had vanished. Don't know what happened there... Seems like nobody else's had, the people in charge of youtube didn't send me anything about it, and even comments I made to my own videos had disapeared!
And yes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would seem that not ALL videos have been effected by the new video players, which is okay I guess...

One thing I don't understand is the new button on both the old and the new players that seems to resemble a fast-foward symbol - anytime you click it, it doesn't do anything, so I don't see what it's supposed to do, or what purpose it serves.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Who's Next?

Facebook, Myspace, and Youtube are all changing, and now this happens...

"Wikipedia's getting a new look"