• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • "Muppets Now" premieres on Disney+
    The Muppets fifth series of all time debuted on Disney+. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the year. New episodes premiere every Friday through September 4.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

... Now I'm Wet, Too!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else ever think that it's kinda odd that they had this very specific skit/gag as a running series?

Not complaining at all, since they're always fun. But it's just very odd that they had such a specific set of segments to teach wet and dry like that. Seems like they could have taken this with other opposites.

DTF

Reaction score
Not complaining at all, since they're always fun. But it's just very odd that they had such a specific set of segments to teach wet and dry like that. Seems like they could have taken this with other opposites.
Mr. Johnson: "Are you kidding me? I had enough with his other opposites - that's the only thing Grover never made me as a waiter was wet!":smile:

Seriously, when were these made? Perhaps Grover's introduction caused them to find ways to introduce opposites that were more entertaining/caused kids to watch and/or listen better. At least, in my mind I always associate him with the opposites in the early-mid-'70s, though there were likely others, too.

It would have been better than what I heard they did a few years ago - Murray just going back and forth between neara nd far. It can't cost *that* much to do animation, can it? You can do so much on a computer nowadays...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think they just really liked doing the same gag with different characters in different situations. That's the only way to explain why they have a comprehensive chronology of one specific ideal. I guess the gags came first, the educational content came in second.

Still makes you wonder why they didn't expand upon these gags with "I'm up, he's down [walks into hole/floor breaks down beneath/slips and falls]... Now I'm Down, too!"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's one other clip in this series of a man with an umbrella, happy that he's dry while others run for cover in the rain. Then a car drives by and drenches him, "Now I'm wet, too!". This one even had music scored to it, and the voiceover actor doing a pretty hideous Peter Lorre imitation.