None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We just got through another brief streak of typical-for-this-time-of-year summer heat of 90+ degree temps for a few days, but according to both local and national weather forecasts, apparently that's it for this year: apparently, summer is ending early this year for much of the eastern half of the country (sorry KarWash).

I'm just so grateful and thankful that, so far, it looks like September will, indeed, be back to normal this year. I'm soooo looking forward to it! In fact, they've mentioned there's a good possibility the month of September will be below average for a change this year. Now that would impress me.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think we're moving towards a gradual transition into fall. While it hasn't actually be that cool here, we've gone from it being between 85- 100 degrees to it now being only about 75-80 degrees everyday. Plus, it's been a lot less humid recently, so that certainly helps. Also, at night it feels great at about 60 degrees.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've absolutely basked in the gloriousness of this first week of September not only being normal, but being below average . . . I haven't been this happy in a long time, lol.

The current fall outlook is projecting September will continue to be significantly below average this year (we too have been in the 70s, which is more early-October-like for us), but that October and November might be just slightly above.

Either way, I'm just happy I got to enjoy my favorite week of the year as it should be, and I look forward to enjoying the rest of my favorite month with no problems (other than my mom's knee still being messed up).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, thanks to Nate, we're way above average right now like 10-15 degrees above average, and further south is even worse off at 15-20 degrees above average; this is such a big deal that they've dubbed this "Warmtober."

It doesn't look like we'll dip back down to a more normal/season temperature till next week, but even so, I still see no evidence of any actual fall-like temps in the weeks to come.

I am so ready to put my shorts up and bring my pants out.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Over here, after a couple weeks of being really hot, yesterday felt amazing. It was only in the 60s for the entire day, and there was a really cool breeze. It felt like fall. Today is also pretty cool, not as much as yesterday, but still good. Sadly, the rest of the week won't be like this, but i'll try to enjoy it while I can.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wish it was in the 60s here. I mean, typically, at least half of October is in the 60s, but that doesn't seem like it'll be the case this year.

But then again, they predicted that October (and November) would be above average for us this year . . . it's funny, because every time they predict it's going to be above average, they're always right, but every time they predict we're going to be below average, they're always wrong. Case in point: they predicted September would be below average for a change this year, and it was . . . for two weeks, then the rest of the month apparently was above (I wouldn't know, it seemed normal to me).

They're presently saying December will be below average this year, so I guess what that really means is we'll have another "blowtorch Christmas" like we did in 2015, where it was in the 70s almost all month long and didn't even feel like Christmas.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They're presently saying December will be below average this year, so I guess what that really means is we'll have another "blowtorch Christmas" like we did in 2015, where it was in the 70s almost all month long and didn't even feel like Christmas.
Man, Christmas in 2015 was really weird, it felt like spring. Which is really odd because, I think just the year before was when it snowed like crazy (or was that 2013?). I'm honestly getting pretty worried. How warm is it going to be when i'm in my 30s or 40s? And how miserable will summer be for most people in the south? Will people even be able to live down here by the time i'm dead?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I forget the link, but I saw what the estimated effects on Climate Change will have on various different parts of the country by the end of the century, and IIRC, it said in my area, our winters by then will be more like your current winters, and that our summers by then will be more like Mexico's summers.

So I might as well just go ahead and die.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I'm going to have to join the club here - I absolutely despise the heat!

So today was unusually warm and rainy, it got to be 71 degrees here, which is actually a bit above average, even for Georgia. Too hot imo.

Just goes to show that in one winter it can be anywhere between 70 degrees and 7. :stick_out_tongue: