None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Well, the forecast is saying that today will finally be the last day of this infernal heat wave (then again, that's what they said two Saturdays ago), so I hope that's true, because I really, truly, cannot take this anymore.

Since this is about over now, I believe PL mentioned a few pages back about temps climbing up into the hundreds - I didn't want to say anything at the time because I figured I might jinx it, but now that this is practically over, we thankfully haven't seen temps over 100 here in about four years. That much I can be thankful about, because for a while there, it was getting to be an every year thing where from June to August, it wasn't uncommon for the temps to reach anywhere from 105 to 110. Hottest we've ever gotten was 115 in 2011. Hope that never happens again, but since Climate Change predictions are showing that summer where I live will be like Mexican summers in the next fifty years . . . that just makes me want to cry.

And just for the record, today's date isn't September 25th, it's August 53rd. August lasted 53 days this year; September will only have eight.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
D'Snowth, i'm really starting to feel your pain about the heat. We went to the state fair a few days ago and half the day was pretty miserable because we were just walking around in the 93 degree weather. We would've done so much more had it been cooler. And I just hate the fact it's almost November, yet it still feels like freaking summer! I just really miss the fall weather. As far as I can remember, I don't think i've ever seen an autumn this warm. And the only times it has been cool are cloudy rainy days or at night or early in the morning. It's driving me crazy! When - when will this end.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though I already posted this in the smile thread, I guess it doesn't help that today was our first day of actual, true, fall-like weather, with a high of only 61 today. :smirk:

But my dad's a truck driver, he was just in Texas, and even he was complaining about the heat over there (in the 100s where he was), and to make matters worse, the A.C. in his truck broke when he was there. And it's ironic, because he's like a reptile, he's always got to be kept warm, so when he, of all people, complains about the heat, you know it's too hot. :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I've had my air conditioning on the last few days. This heat is just stupid. It's october. It shouldnt be hot >:T

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Great.

Perfect.

Spectacular.

Splendid.

Superb.

Marvelous.

Terrific.

My nightmare really is becoming a reality: after these past two years of August heat spilling over into September and delaying the beginning of fall, I've feared that this is becoming an every-year thing now . . . well, local weather and climate experts have confirmed that this is going to be an every-year thing from now on.

:mad::attitude::boo::grr::crazy::zany::grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still, I have a feeling that I'll be back in this thread in December - I have a feeling we'll be seeing more spring-like conditions again this December.
And guess what happened? Go ahead, guess!

In all actuality, December was great this year! For a change, we've even been below average for much of the month, which is a rare occurence for us any time of year, but I mean to say, that all and all, December was perfectly seasonable this year.

Until today.

That's right. On Christmas Day, it had to jump up twenty degrees for absolutely no reason. And after the rain we've been having, it felt like a sauna outside today . . . this is not what Christmas is supposed to feel like.

And the thing of it is, this is only lasting two days, so why even happen at all? Especially why did it have to wait till Christmas Day to do it?

This is the third year in a row now that Christmas has been above average. Last year was the worst: it was way up into the 70s, and it was raining buckets, which made it seem like Christmas in Florida.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention I bought a brand new Christmas sweater this year and I didn't even get to wear it! :mad:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And guess what happened? Go ahead, guess!

In all actuality, December was great this year! For a change, we've even been below average for much of the month, which is a rare occurence for us any time of year, but I mean to say, that all and all, December was perfectly seasonable this year.

Until today.

That's right. On Christmas Day, it had to jump up twenty degrees for absolutely no reason. And after the rain we've been having, it felt like a sauna outside today . . . this is not what Christmas is supposed to feel like.

And the thing of it is, this is only lasting two days, so why even happen at all? Especially why did it have to wait till Christmas Day to do it?

This is the third year in a row now that Christmas has been above average. Last year was the worst: it was way up into the 70s, and it was raining buckets, which made it seem like Christmas in Florida.
Yeah, it's been bizarrely warm the past couple of days where I live too. This was by far the warmest Christmas i've ever had. I have never, ever had to use the air condition on Christmas. Even that one day back in 2010 or 2011 when it was the first day of winter, yet it was somehow over a hundred degrees, it still ended up cooling way down by Christmas eve.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap.

We have early springs quite often, but never like this: here it is already in the 70s for the entire week . . . in February! This has never happened before, that I can remember! I am absolutely ****** about this! I mean, come on! What's the deal with this?! It's bad enough that summer lasted a month longer than it needed to last year, now this?!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah. In general, i'm not much of a fan of winter weather, so I wasn't too upset about it being kind of hot. But than I thought to myself, if this is how winter feels, how hot are spring and summer going to be? :eek: