Nigel questions.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Apparently Nigel was the host of"Sex And Violence".But after that,it was decided to make Kermit host of The Muppet Show.:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
Apparently Nigel was the host of"Sex And Violence".But after that,it was decided to make Kermit host of The Muppet Show.:smile:
I beleive that Jim Henson thought that Nigel was too wimpy to be the host. Of course, when I first saw the pilot I was surprised that he wasn't as wimpy as I expected. He was calm throughout the show, and never lost his temper, but he seemed like he was almost as calm as Kermit, though maybe a bit calmer.

Even though he was demoted to being an orchestra conductor, at least he was given a job on the show, while the host of The Muppet Valentine Show, Wally, didn't get to do anything other than sit in the audience.

I wonder why Wally wasn't used in any furture significant roles. Maybe he was too hip to host. I think Kermit was a perfect balance of hip and unhip, but the same could be said about Rowlf. Still, since wally used a type writer in most of the valentine show, maybe he could have been a writer on the show. Maybe he could have been Fozzie's comedy writer, for example.

Xerus

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I often consider him to be John Loveladys main character, yet as a performers main character he didn't do much (though the same could be said about Kathy Mullens main character, Gaffer, or Steve Whitmires main character, Rizzo, in his early appearances). John Lovelady should have had some major backstage involvement. The other first season performers had at least one main character.
Actually, I believe Crazy Harry was John's official character back then and Nigel was his second since Jim first performed him.