Newsman in MFC

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I've been posting a lot about Muppet Family Christmas (mostly in the games section)

I just noticed, the Newsman is on TV when he reports the snowstorm, but later he's in the back during the Christmas Song Medley

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
He had to work that day and headed up to the farmhouse once his shift ended.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
yeah, that's seems reazonable, also another question, what happened to Animal, the last time we see him is on the hangers with Gonzo, in the next scene Gonzo's in his suit singing, but I can't find Animal in the Group Medley, I can find all the other muppet show/sesame street regulars, but I can't find Animal in that Medley

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I have a fan-fic in the works that centers on how the Newsman got to the farmhouse.

Another thing that happens, Gonzo disapears and reapears during the singing. And Uncle Matt suddenly apears!

You an find several short stories based on the movie (one about Uncle Matt, one about Gonzo, one about Statler and Waldorf) here: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=20853

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Many of the crowd/ group scenes in that special have characters who switch positions.

For the closing christmas medley, there are two rooms where characters are at. Some characters appear in both rooms. These characters include Statler, waldorf (although they both appear on the end side of both rooms), a female anything muppet (Does she have a name? he had brown hair and a red shirt), Simon Soundman, The Turkey, and Camillia. Also, when Gonzos on the hanger, he wears pajamas, and when singing in the medley, he's dressed up (Kermit was the only other character who was dressed differently from how he dressed for the rest of the special), and beaker doesn't appear untill it's his turn to sing (which is halfway through the scene). Also, Animal is not the only major character not there. Zoot and herry monster were not in that scene.

When the Sesame Street cast sings deck the halls, Biff and Sully change shots. Whenever the shot has half of the singers, Biff and Sully are closer to Big Bird in the shots that have big bird, but in the shots with bert and Ernie, Biff is up the hill while Sully is behind sherlock hemlock and others who are right behind ernie and bert.

In the opening song, Rizzo changes spots. In wide shots, he is sitting right next to Lips (probably so that Steve Whitmire can perform both characters at once), but near the end of the song, Rizzo is with the other rats at a different part of the truck.

There are also many characters who were not shown with the main cast at the begining whose arrivals were not announced or acknowledged. Besides The newsman, we eventually see Bobby Benson, a Muppaphone, Link Hogthrob, Foo Foo (although not with Piggy), and Nigel The Conductor. We never see them enter, and they were not in the truck at the beginning (althouhg I guess the muppaphone could have been in the truck, since he is small enouhg to maybe not be seen).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Re Steve having Rizzo and Lips together, anyone noticed how most of the charcters are together by performer in that scene? I forget exactly who, but there are two of each performer's charcters.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I'll have to watch that more closely, I think I remember seeing Zoot, but I might be wrong

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
He had to work that day and headed up to the farmhouse once his shift ended.
Unless his news reports, like CNN, are pre-recorded and they pre-taped the report of the snow in case it did. The news station the Muppet Newsman worked for probably had stock footage of Sunny days, wind, hurricanes...

:crazy:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
oooh, Good Story Fozzie, I'm impressed