New Voices

travellingpat

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
Just wondering whose new, recasted, voice you dont like -not counting Massey and Yerrid, i know how you feel about them- I'm talking about Rowlf, The Swedish Chef, Dr. Teeth, Floyd -is his beyond repair?-, Janice, all of them. Also while were on the subject who do you think could voice the classic characters like Hilda, Wayne and Wanda, Mildred, George, Thog, Marvin Suggs, and mor you can think of that havent spoken for a while...

What Are you thoughts????

Travelling Pat :zany: :zany: :zany:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What's wrong with Massey and Yerrid? They're great performers and great guys. Sure, I've posted (constructive) criticism about the performance of classic characters, but they still did a good job.

I think before anybody ever needs to start downing anybody else by name--especially since they visit and read these forums--you should be able to say why you don't appreciate a performance and have a suggestion on how to improve it, otherwise there shouldn't be any criticism at all.

After all, "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all."

That, and they got the job, man. :smile:

Kev

travellingpat

Reaction score
FYI, I actually enjoy Massey and Yerrids performance, I just know that there are some people who dont enjoy them and I didnt want to start another thread like some other ones are becoming

Thanks,
Travelling Pat

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
OKay, thanks.

As for anybody else: If you have to be critical PLEASE be constructive.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm just hopeing they do their best to get the voices like the origional

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I was totally amazed how much the EM band sounded JUST LIKE TMS days in MWoO! It can be done!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea everyone in EM did sound really well done, i think that a preforer really trys there very best to hit it dead on the first time they do a classic muppet. Even Steve's Kermit was at the most sounding like Jim's in The muppets Celebreat Jim Henson & in MMC and by treaser island he came to sound more like the kermit we know as sounding today. Why, you ask? because the prefromer gets use to the muppet and in some way makes it his own. with a voice that is not the origanl and not trying to be dead on as the origanal but kind of the same, enough to tell that it is still the same muppet speaking. But a voice is not just a voice it also has to have a personality behind it and that is why they change the voice because as stated earlyer Steve's Kermit may or may not say or do somthing that Jim's Kermit may or may not say or do. i hope that makes sence.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Who performed Scooter in Muppets' Wizard of Oz? He did a fanTAStic job in my opinion. I mean, Brian Henson was ALRIGHT (the voice fit the character, it just wasn't the REAL Scooter voice) but this guy was great!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Well, I was totally amazed how much the EM band sounded JUST LIKE TMS days in MWoO! It can be done!
yeah, the MUSIC, but the only voice you hear is Dr teeths