New Video: "Stand By Me"

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Ha, it was both cute and funny as well.

Once again, another great one by the Muppets as it includes a rare classic character this time around. :smile:

Mupp

Reaction score
I can't believe how many people are making youtube comments that claim that the video is bad becuase it is too violent and all. One person even said "You've lost 3 muppet fans"

Don't people realize that the Muppet Show always had an adult sense of humor, and the show would frequently have monsters eating other characters as well as violent slapstick?

The Muppet Show ALWAYS had an adult sense of humor. Pleople have got to stop making up memories of the Muppet Show that were never real!

If people want to see clean-cut, none-threatening muppets, then they should stick to Sesame Street.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
One person posted a comment at Youtube to say that perhaps it's the part where one bunny says "Please don't eat me. Don't do it." that makes it a bit too mean-spirited for children. :eek::scary:

I must admit even I was affected by it at first. That's what particularly prompted my original response that it was kind of on the dark side to begin with. I felt tremendous relief when I saw that all the bunnies were okay inside Carl. :smile: (I wonder what Henson character would be most suitable for a relief smiley?)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hmm- I had a bit of mixed feelings about this one. Yes, I know the Muppets of The Muppet Show have always had a bit of an adult edge to their humor (some stronger in some cases than others) and for the most part, I really enjoyed the video. It was great seeing Big Mean Carl eating the bunnies because that's so much of what they did on The Muppet Show a number of times. That was classic Muppets! At the same time, I was a little turned off with the rabbits pleading not to be eaten- it did make me feel a bit for them. But like I said, it was kind of a slight twinge- but generally it was classic Muppets and funny stuff for the most part. I really was thinking they were gonna do a joke about rabbits' rapid rate of reproduction at some point- and then I thought that would be really in true Jim Henson style for the Muppets- to have the big mean monster seem to be winning over the little guy and then all of a sudden have it turned over on his head when the constantly increasing number of rabbits makes his stomach explode.:big_grin::crazy::halo:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Well Animal is sure going to have to talk with Carl about eating all the Bunnies! This to me was a classic case of something that would be on a newer Muppet Show! very funny! Loved it! Ate it!
I was thinking Animal would come out, decked in Bunny ears, and attack Carl, hitting him and making bunnies fly out his mouth.

Mupp

Reaction score
For me, the thing that makes this video ok is the fact that the bunnies didn't die. They were singing! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hmm- I had a bit of mixed feelings about this one. Yes, I know the Muppets of The Muppet Show have always had a bit of an adult edge to their humor (some stronger in some cases than others) and for the most part, I really enjoyed the video. It was great seeing Big Mean Carl eating the bunnies because that's so much of what they did on The Muppet Show a number of times. That was classic Muppets! At the same time, I was a little turned off with the rabbits pleading not to be eaten- it did make me feel a bit for them. But like I said, it was kind of a slight twinge- but generally it was classic Muppets and funny stuff for the most part. I really was thinking they were gonna do a joke about rabbits' rapid rate of reproduction at some point- and then I thought that would be really in true Jim Henson style for the Muppets- to have the big mean monster seem to be winning over the little guy and then all of a sudden have it turned over on his head when the constantly increasing number of rabbits makes his stomach explode.:big_grin::crazy::halo:
Hmm. Maybe it was just beginning. Perhaps that's why there were 5 rabbits in Carl's stomach when he'd only eaten 4.

Statler and Waldorf stopped it too soon. I can just imagine Carl having dozens of bunny rabbits flying out of his mouth. I said earlier that I thought he might have bad indigestion. Indeed. LOL

Voiceroy

Reaction score
Reminds me of the old "I've Got You Under My Skin" number from The Muppet Show, especially because of the still-alive eaten muppets singing from within.
Goes back a lot further than that for me -- that classic sketch of Kermit on the Jack Paar show with him trying to pull the worm and it turns out to be a monster, which in turn, eats him.

According to the video tags, and MuppetsStudio on twitter, this is in honor of April Fool's Day. Although one can't help but notice how timely it is since Easter is tomorrow.
"Tomorrow" is Good Friday. Easter is the first Sunday of April.

And I actually think it's intended to be both -- an April Fools gag and it implies an Easter theme too.

I liked it. It was weird and edgy and reminds me of classic Muppet Show bits.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Fantastic video! An absolutely first class effort reminiscent of, as others have said, “I’ve Got You Under My Skin.” My only complaint is that is so like an opening number of the ol’ Muppet Show that is ought to be followed by a complete new episode.

I noticed a small goof! :smile:

At the point that you see the bunnies in Carl's stomach, there are five there. But at that time he had only eaten four. :eek:
Accounting for the extra rabbit, it is possible that big mean bunnies normally have a rabbit inside them in the same way that all cats do. The distinctive ‘miaow’ noise of the cat is actually a rabbit inside the cat saying ‘let-me-out!’

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Goes back a lot further than that for me -- that classic sketch of Kermit on the Jack Paar show with him trying to pull the worm and it turns out to be a monster, which in turn, eats him.
Oh definitely. It was the "still alive creatures singing from inside" that brought the other clip to mind, though. Love that!