New Video: Muppets' Popcorn!

terrimonster

Reaction score
*Retreats with my tail between my legs to go take down half my YouTube videos*

Everything I do makes me feel guilty! :embarrassed:
I don't mean to make anyone feel guilty. I just wanted to clarify "fair use" a little. The truth is, a lot of companies don't seem to care about their stuff being used on YouTube, probably for reasons DrTooth stated. If the copyright owners come after you, they'll probably just want you to take your stuff down. In that unlikely case, it's good to know the law rather than fighting based on a misconception.

The plus side of sharing is that after watching this video I went looking for Gershon Kingsley's original tune (as well as Hot Butter's version) and was able to find it. (There, back on topic!) I've ended up buying a lot of music after I was able to find it on YouTube.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Drtooth: The music industry doesn't know what to do since their methods are obsolete and (let's face it) half their music is garbage they basically toss around to make a buck.
You would think free advertising would make them drool like starving puppies.
If I want something IN Print, I'll buy it.
Exactly. I'd LOVE to buy it, assuming one can.
What totally gets me is that MORE companies should put their OWN projects up here.
It's why I admire Sesame Street and the Muppets (will despise Lionsgate for all eternity, though). Heck, even Avenue Q made a youtube vid.
It's not just entertainment either. I don't understand why politicians say they need a gazillion dollars to put the word out there when youtube is practically a gift from Free Baby Jesus. The internet is just way too exploitable not to use it to one's advantage.
terrimonster: In that unlikely case, it's good to know the law rather than fighting based on a misconception.
Except that sometimes they just want to complain. Deleting or blocking AMV's (or dubbed parodies ... GRRR LIONSGATE) makes it even more complicated, since, no, we don't own the music nor the footage, but it WAS our idea to link them together. Also, Nostalgia Critic used to have (I don't know if he does anymore) stuff on youtube before companies seriously tried to argue that showing clips during REVIEWS constituted plagarism. And what about clips of babies dancing to stuff? You mean I can't have Red Fraggle say one sentence from a real episode because I pulled the footage from the DVD, yet we can see and hear full songs because some 2-year-old is watching it on TV?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You would think free advertising would make them drool like starving puppies.
A good number of them actually do, and as I said link up "Contains material from" bits to their own page. For the longest time, United Media let them get away with putting full Peanuts specials up with a contains content disclaimer. Lionsgate and Henson NOT doing that for fan stuff is pretty harsh. Sure, I agree to no full episodes of something, and thankfully they didn't kill anyone's accounts that I know of for putting up full episodes of something. But at least they aren't bitter losers who throw a tantrum when someone uploads something they have NO intention of releasing.

It's why I admire Sesame Street and the Muppets (will despise Lionsgate for all eternity, though). Heck, even Avenue Q made a youtube vid.
Lemme tell ya something... Sesame Workshop has been a fan's best friend. They have NO problems with any videos of old footage people pull out of old VHS... and often they will put their OWN version of the footage, cleaned up and sometimes with stuff missing in the clips on their own sites. As for parodies and redubs... even the nasty magic devoid jaded snots who want to kill everyone on the show for some reason don't even get complaint notices. Heck, an entire episode of The Office was based on that. The only SS clips that were taken down were because Viacom had an ugly little logo in the corner. And not even because they owned it, because they THINK they're entitled to it because it was on their network for a time.

And Muppets Studio even had an official response video to an unofficial Mahnah Mahnah upload.

Except that sometimes they just want to complain. Deleting or blocking AMV's (or dubbed parodies ... GRRR LIONSGATE) makes it even more complicated, since, no, we don't own the music nor the footage, but it WAS our idea to link them together. Also, Nostalgia Critic used to have (I don't know if he does anymore) stuff on youtube before companies seriously tried to argue that showing clips during REVIEWS constituted plagarism. And what about clips of babies dancing to stuff? You mean I can't have Red Fraggle say one sentence from a real episode because I pulled the footage from the DVD, yet we can see and hear full songs because some 2-year-old is watching it on TV?
I'd be more inclined to say "we're stealing from the big entertainment conglomerates" and feel bad about it if they didn't plagiarize themselves all the time. These are the same people who say, "We don't accept unsolicited screenplays [ideas for shows]" to someone's face, and then take the idea and change the name so they don't have to pay anyone.

I'm not a huge Nostalgia Critic type person... but let him use the stupid clips. People will buy DVD's BECAUSE he's talking about them. Some of these videos ARE free advertising, and if they help sponser it, hey... they can get ad revenue from having someone ELSE advertise their product for free.

And above all, this isn't the reason why no one wanted to see Marmaduke. it's nicking the industry, sure... but not HALF as much as their own stupidity and greedy.

That said, where the heck are the copyright police when a bunch of lead paint covered Cars..errr.. Racecars toys get sold in dollar stores? Where are these people in parts of the world who sell bootlegs of current movies? Where is Viacom when someone's selling a bad DVD copy of Rocko's Modern Life first season online?

unheard

Reaction score
your right he is the best.
I want the Swedish Chef in hells kitchen.:hungry:

unheard

Reaction score
your right he is the best.
I want the Swedish Chef in hells kitchen.:hungry:

dinoboy

Reaction score
buttered popcorn song and Sweedish Chef

What a very catchy tune, and with the Sweedish Chef, knowing him something is always bound to go pop, no matter what he makes. That was a very funny video.

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
awesome vid! the swedish chef never fails to make me laugh.... cool music :sing: and funny captions too :smile:

MLR930

Reaction score
I love the Swedish Chef! love the video and just an FYI if you didn't know the song is on Itunes as a ringtone and I have it <3