New to Puppet Making.

Melonpool

Reaction score
They came apart -- or didn't stick at all. Also, the seams became hard after they cooled -- and since I had to use a lot of glue to get them to stick, these hard areas were very noticeable under the fleece.

I still use hot glue on the mouths, though.

Puppetainer

Reaction score
I've used both contact cement and hot glue. So far I really haven't had any issues with hot glue. Are you using a high temp gun? They do seem to create a more durable bond. The key is really to only do an inch or two at a time and make sure to hold the surfaces together until they've truly bonded. They are going to create a bit of a hardened area where the seam is though, no getting around that. I haven't really had any of my hot glue seams really put to a long range durability test yet but on an occasion or two when I changed my mind about something I tried to pull apart a hot glued seam. Yeah, have to say that it holds VERY well!

spcglider

Reaction score
I use a urtethane-friendly contact adhesive whenever can. Hot glue works extremely well for fabrics to fabrics and fabrics to foam, but I've never had good luck with foam to foam applications. It may just be the way I do it, but in the end, hot glue makes a more rigid bond whereas contact adhesives will make a more pliable bond.

-G

Katana

Reaction score
Great stuff here, thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to one day turning some of my illustrative characters into puppets...I've got the Foam Book coming and I'll definitely check out Project Puppet.