New Super Bowl Pizza Hut Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pizza Hut Teams with Muppets for New Commercial To Debut on Super Bowl Sunday; Spot Introduces new Dippin' Strips Pizza 'That just has to be Dipped'

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 26, 2005--Pizza Hut(R) and the Muppets(TM) have come together to deliver fun for the whole family in this year's Pizza Hut commercial debuting in the coveted pre-kickoff pod on Super Bowl Sunday. The ad introduces the new Dippin' Strips pizza, a pizza specially designed for dipping that comes with three popular dipping sauces.

The commercial, created by New York-based BBDO, will feature many popular Muppets, including Kermit the Frog(TM) and Miss Piggy(TM). The spot features Miss Piggy hurtling around her friends, out of control at breakneck speed, and ends with a hilarious surprise visit from some old friends.

"The Dippin' Strips pizza begs to be dipped. I can't stress this enough: you just have to dip it," said Tom James, chief marketing officer, Pizza Hut. "Regular pizza has its problems. Because it's triangular the first dip is okay, but then it becomes more and more difficult to dip a typical slice. So we've come up with a re-engineered pizza that is cut into 16 'dippinomical' 1-inch by 4-inch strips. It comes with three dipping sauces -- garlic, marinara, and ranch -- so everyone in the family will want to dip, dip, dip."

"We wanted personalities for the commercial that are fun, light-hearted and that everyone in the family loves. We're thrilled the Muppets --an American family icon -- are helping us once again introduce an innovative new pizza that everyone - kids, grandparents and parents - can enjoy."

Commercials Kick-Off Super Bowl Sunday Marketing Strategy

Product advertising featuring the new Dippin' Strips pizza began airing nationally Sunday, January 23. The new spot featuring the Muppets will debut on Sunday, February 6 in the pre-kickoff time slot, and will mark the ninth consecutive year Pizza Hut has held the pre-kick pod.

Pizza Hut is supporting the Dippin' Strips pizza national introduction with an estimated $20 million marketing program including national network and cable television advertising, print, radio, online initiatives and in-restaurant point of purchase materials, as well as a Hispanic television spot, bi-lingual print and in-restaurant point of purchase materials.

According to Pizza Hut, the Super Bowl is a great forum to introduce new innovations and the pre-kick pod is the perfect strategy to capture hungry fans still making their pizza decisions for the game. The Super Bowl is the busiest Sunday of the year for Pizza Hut. The company anticipates preparing nearly 2 million pizzas during the hours leading up to and during the Super Bowl game with nearly 50 percent of deliveries and carry-outs occurring in the two hours prior to kick off and during the first hour of the game.

The Dippin' Strips pizza is offered nationally at participating Pizza Hut restaurants for dine-in, carryout or delivery where available for $9.99 for a one topping. For a little more, customers can also choose additional toppings or one of the company's specialty pizza lines - Meat Lover's(R), Veggie Lover's(R), Cheese Lover's Plus(R) or Supreme.

The commercials were created by New York-based BBDO, under the direction of Janet Lyons, EVP, Executive Creative Director; Chris Curry, Associate Creative Director; Tommy Troncoso, Copywriter; Monica Victor, Executive Producer; Rick Doerr, SVP, Senior Account Director; Megan Bundy, Account Executive.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050126005669&newsLang=en

King Jim

Reaction score
I can't wait for the superbowl and the commercial.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Good to see the Muppets are still out there doing what they've been doing since the very begining....commercials! I can't wait to see it!

Gideon

Reaction score
It should be the best theing on that night second to the game of the best sport on earth

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
That's really good news. I missed the Pizza Hut/Muppets commercial last year because it came on while I was in transit to a buddy's house. I declare that I will not miss it's debut this year!!!

Who's participating in the halftime show? Bette Midler? Kenny G?

christyb

Reaction score
Great I'll keep an eye out for the new commercial. BTW Go Patriots. Win again this year. (so my cousin can get another big bonus! LoL.)

ceecee

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
I heard Paul McCartney, actually. I don't know who else.

Can't wait for the Muppets Pizza Hut commercial! I wonder who else will be in it?

Xela

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
That's really good news. I missed the Pizza Hut/Muppets commercial last year because it came on while I was in transit to a buddy's house. I declare that I will not miss it's debut this year!!!

Hahaha... :big_grin:

As long as there is no Ashlee Simpson...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Very cool, the Giants are never even close to there anymore so at least I'll have a reason to watch this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.