New 'Star Trek' Movie in the Works

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Well, the original series (and movies) and Next Generation are clearly the best. But some of the DS9 entries--The Visitor, Journey Beneath the Stars (??), Little Green Men--are considered among the finest Star Treks ever. It also had an ongoing storyline instead of just stand-alone episodes, which makes for more interesting TV in my book.

Voyager had nothing except Jeri Ryan, and someone in a catsuit isn't exactly the high-quality entertainment Gene Roddenberry was going for.

I won't even get into "throw continuity out the window" Enterprise. :wink:

That's just my thoughts, though. To each his/her own.

Beauregard

Reaction score
How much does Ent. throw continuality?

I've read a coup'la books from that series and seen one ep. but personally, I love it. Of course, only reading I don't get any bad acting!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Berman Working On 'Enterprise' Movie?

Author: Michael Hinman
Date: 04-23-2004
Source: TrekWeb
Speculation remains that either executive producers Rick Berman or Brannon Braga could be out of "Star Trek: Enterprise" if UPN decides to give the series yet another season.

However, Berman seems to be downplaying such speculation in a recent interview in the United Kingdom's Dreamwatch Magazine where he's not only alive and well in Star Trekdom, but he's actually working on a new project.

According to excerpts provided by TrekWeb, Berman said he's working on what might be considerd as ... Star Trek XI. And it's going to be a prequel.

"I am involved in the very early stages of what could be the next Star Trek movie," Berman told Dreamwatch. "It's something I will be producing with two other producers."

Some Web sites are speculating that the prequel idea will actually be taking place at Starfleet Academy, based on an idea originally pitched by former Star Trek producer Harve Bennett nearly 15 years ago. However, other speculation points toward a "Star Trek: Enterprise" movie despite its struggles in the ratings.

Berman also said that he and Braga are working on a new television series that will be science-fiction, but it won't be Star Trek. Of course, no details on that project were revealed either.

-------------

Found that on Syfy Portal...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Well, in the first episode, the Klingons looked like "Next Generation" Klingons though they looked different in the original series (which this predates); the calm and logical Vulcans were angry and emotional; they talked about Romulans (?) or some other species that won't even be discovered till Kirk and his crew discover them; and the ship is way too advanced to predate the Enterprise of the original series. They could have gone for something retro and 1950s looking (in a cool way); instead the set looks like a reject from the X-Men movie.

There have been more outrageous things done to the continuity that others have told me about, but I can't remember them as I stopped caring very quickly about that show. And if Paramount or B&B think people want to see a theatrical movie based on their biggest failure in Trekdom, they're insane.

And I hope you understand, Beau, that my venom is aimed at them, not you. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, yes, I understand.

Fire away, at some fire into that that venim mix too.

Bea:wink:regard

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Did you guys hear that Enterprise has been renewed for a 4th season but is being placed friday nights on UPN. I think the ratings will go down even further and Enterprise will be canceled.....

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Did you guys hear that Enterprise has been renewed for a 4th season but is being placed friday nights on UPN. I think the ratings will go down even further and Enterprise will be canceled.....

ryan
If it's on Friday? most probably.

Honestly, I don't get the appeal of Next Generation. I mean, it is a pretty good show, but it's really not that great. It's so.... blah.

In my opinion, the only reason TOS was so good was because of the relationships between the characters, which is what makes Deep Space Nine such a good show. It's ALMOST there on Enterprise, but I think it was lacking in Voyager.

Beauregard

Reaction score
...I've not seen Voyager yet, but I'm hoping to soon, what episode would you recomend? Or wouldn't you...?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Hey! Where's the stinkin' Pigs In Space movie?!
It's still in the back of the brain of the Henson people along with the Origins of the Electric Mayhem movie.....

ryan