New Spider-Man Animated Series in the Works

grail

Reaction score
i think we were posting at the same time...

i just signed up for that mailing list...and am about to go waste countless brain cells dredging every bit of info i can from that site...which makes me VERY happy! thanks!

a bass player eh? maybe we need to just gather as many of us in here that play instruments as we can, write some full-pit arrangements of some Muppet music, and start playing at MuppetFest...maybe with tips it'd pay for a hotel room or two. bet we could do a really rockin' cover of TMS theme.

BTW, you can have screenshots of Spiderman, but not "the almighty grail". last thing we need is for people to click on a picture of my mug...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeah, AWN is an amazingly awesome site. Hopefully when I'm ready to seriously get into directing they can help me get the comnnections I need.

Dude, that would be totally awesome. Do you know anywhere that has bass tabs? I haven't player in such a long time, but I'd love to retune ol' Bobbie and get some of the Muppet Tunes a playin' :smile:

Hehe, in my effort to type fast and get to the other threads I must attend to, I made that typo. It should be "Oh amazing grail" rather than "Of amazing grail". I wouldn't want my pic looming here, it could stain my already questionable reputation (hehe) :smile:

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Hehe, in my effort to type fast and get to the other threads I must attend to, I made that typo. It should be "Oh amazing grail" rather than "Of amazing grail". I wouldn't want my pic looming here, it could stain my already questionable reputation (hehe) :smile:
man, do i hear that...not to mention that i got my first piece of toy-critic hate-mail recently (i printed it out and framed it) for that He-Man piece i did. don't wanna take any chances that that guy finds out what i look like.

hmm...now i'm gonna have to get out "ye olde fakebook" and try and work some things out...i really would kick much butt if we could have, for lack of a better name, the Muppet Central Meyham at MuppetFest...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well...for lack of anything better to do (and because I'm still unbending myself from the unkind things said about my opinions in the Goths post), here are a few names for the band (eve if it doesn't come to be, don't ya just have fun picking names? :smile:):

The MuppetCentral Mayhem
The MuppetCentral Minstrels
The Minstrels (so dear to my heart :big_grin:)
The Pipebangers (Kind of episode-specific and implys there to be drums, but still a cool name) (I think there's a local band around here with that name. I thought that was neat.)
The (not so) All-Star Muppet Players
Sounds of Faffner Hall (in referance to the short-lived show Ghost of Faffner Hall which taught us to be interested and love all different types of music)
Little Muppet Muscians (From Little Muppet Monsters)
The Human Musicians of Muppetfest (From Muppet Muscians of Bremen)

Aw, how fun it would be. :smile:

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
those are pretty good! (and yeah, he was kinda harsh, but it sounds like he's had a rough weekend...i wouldn't take it personally) i just started a thread about musicians, so maybe we'll get a bite or two. then we can draft them into our band of Muppety goodness.

ooooooo...Muppety Goodness...that's a pretty good name too...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oooh, I like that one! :smile:

Yeah, well its really not right for him to take it out on me. I'm going to ask Phillip to close that thread, its now becoming more than a discussion, and instead of me offending others (which I was worried about), I seem to be the offended one. Oh well, newbie stupidity. I'll just stay clear of that guy at Muppetfest :smile:

Anyway, I'll look for some bass tabs. I think I have the Muppet Show Theme down, its pretty easy on bass. I'll work on other stuff, and we can be the next...people to..play Muppet Music! WooHoo!! :big_grin:

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
you're right, it's not...but speaking as someone who is only a few days ahead of him in the same position, and having done the exact same thing he did to a bunch of other people (i apologized), i can see where he's coming from. he seems to be a cool enough guy usually though...i wouldn't call it newbie stupudity, though...it could have been Luke and he probably would have said the same thing. please don't take it personally.

and now i'm gonna leave that alone because you're right, there's not much else to say...it'll be at the bottom of the forum by tomorrow...no worries...

anyway, on to the fun part!

i always wished i could play guitar, you're a lucky man. how cool would it be if we could pull that off? i know "Gymkatarules" is a musician, maybe we can talk him into helping out...maybe play some lead? yeah, it's all pretty much pipe dream, especially if they set it for early March, which cuts down time. but if we push really hard, maybe we could pul it off...i also think it'd be fun to try and get some of the MC people that can do Muppet voices to do something. how cool would it be to be able to do something like Manah Manah? or Rainbow Connection?

man, i'm getting all...MUSICAL now...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'm going to leave it alone, but by the way, I meant stupidity on my part, me being the newbie. I have nothing against him, and I hope that we can just go on being civil. Deep down, were all just Muppet lovers. :smile:

Now as you said, On to the Fun Stuff!

Oh, that would be my shining moment. Me, the bass, a bunch of my new friends, and the music that warms the heart and soul (no Campbells referance intended :smile:). If we want it, it CAN happen. We need to make it happen. I'm sure Phillip will let us play at the MuppetCentral pre-Fest party at the very least! You have more ties here then me obviously, talk to the men! Let us ready the fleet and charge forth into the glory that is

Preforming At Muppetfest 2003!

I believe it can be done. And grail, you rock hard. I really didn't think I would be taken to here (I'm not really taken well anywhere for some reason), so thanks for making me feel welcome :big_grin:

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
honestly, i don't know many more people than you might...i just talk...incessantly...

the group seems to be awesome here though...once you get past the rough edges. the less time you spend on the action figure threads the more they seem to like you.

okay, we're officially Jake and Elwood...and we're "putting the band back together" anyone who reads this, plans on going to MuppetFest, and can play an instrument or sing like a Muppet let us know. if we can get enough interest within the next couple of weeks, i'll put some real effort into getting some music together. it's never easy to put a band together of people that aren't even in the same state...but i've got an idea or two that might help.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hehehe, I like that. I'm Jake! :smile:

YOU SOLD THE CAR FOR THIS?!?!

lol, one of my fav. movies. Anyway, I'm going to search around for some tabs online for myself. I'll look up music for other instraments as needed.

grail, what's your email address? I'm sure we'll need to contact eachother off-board sometime or another :big_grin:

-Matt