New Quilt

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter

Oh yes-- she notices! I've tried. Monster at the End of This Book is popular-- but not nearly as popular as Elmo's ABCs. :wink:
She notices eh?

Well then, I'm totally stumped.

:stick_out_tongue:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
That quilt is absolutely gorgeous! It's exactly how I visioned a Sesame Street Quilt should be. It's colorful, fun and downright adorable. :smile: I must say that even though Snuffy may have been a challenge, he looks fantastic! Some of my other favorites are Kermit (of course), Grover, Count, Bert and Ernie. I personally think that Ernie looks the best. What am I saying? They're all great! Great job!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
:smile: Thanks Cindy! I was really happy when I found the striped fabrics I used for Bert and Ernie's shirts-- I think they make a big difference in the overall look of those two.

My favorites are Kermit and the Sesame Street sign. For obvious reasons, I prefer the ones I design myself to the ones done from Quilting With the Muppets patterns. This was the first Kermit I designed on my own and I thought he turned out well (though I should have used darker thread on his coat so the detaills of his sleeve and collar would stand out more). The Sesame Street sign I thought really pulled the whole thing together (it was the last square I made and I had played around with different layouts before it was done) and the cloud fabric I used for the background there is nice and bright and-- well-- just right for a sunny day.

It's really gratifying that everyone likes the quilt and has so many nice things to say! Very rewarding after all that work!

Thanks,

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Wow-- I'm surprised this thread popped back up again after all this time.

Thanks. I need to get some new pictures up. I'm working on something different.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Muppet Quilter, could I please get a descript of this Sesame Street quilt you made? You can post it here or send it to me via E-mail if you feel more comfortable doing that. Hope to hear from you sson and have a good day.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Count--

Sure thing. The quilt is made with calico fabrics-- cotton prints-- and one light weight fleece (for the Count's skin). There are very few solid fabrics, most of the fabrics 'read as solid' which means they look like a solid from a distance but as you get closer you see they are actually subtle prints. The quilt binding and sashing is blue. The quilt is divided into rows and each row into blocks.
The top row contains:
reporter Kermit with microphone and hat,
Baby Bear with painter's hat,
The Count (done from the Quilting with the Muppets pattern)
and Big Bird (also Quilting with the Muppets).
The second row contains:
Natasha,
Ernie (Quilting with the Muppets),
Bert with Bernice (Quilting with the Muppets),
and Zoe.
The third row contains:
A block with A, B and C,
A double sized block with the Sesame Street street sign (with CTW at the top, not the newer 123),
and a block with 1, 2 and 3.
The fourth row contains:
Grover with a Super Hero book (Quilting with the Muppets),
Oscar in trash can (Quilting with the Muppets),
Telly,
and Cookie Monster with cookies (Quilting with the Muppets).
The final row contains:
Elmo holding a ball,
Prairie Dawn,
Rosita,
and Snuffy.

Let me know if you want details on the individual blocks or anything else.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MuppetQuilter, sounds like a nice grouping of characters. Yeah, any additional details as to what the characters are doing or what objects they have with them if they're in some sort of action scene would be helpful to get a full-view knowledge of the quilt you've poured so much work into.
Thanks for the help and hope your next one comes out great.